Ch 32: Freaking Around

Start from the beginning

                “Hot rod you got here.”  I said, getting Liam rallied up for the conversation of the century. If there was anything Liam liked to obsess about, other than soccer, it was cars.

                “Hell yeah, it is. Used six summers worth of working, including prize money from surf competitions to buy this baby.” He gleamed with pride as he dusted of a speck of dirt from the hood. The convertible automobile was quite the beamer and did match with Liam’s image.

                “Damn straight this kid worked his ass off to buy a car that he only drove around in for two years. Then the poor guy’s gotta work double shifts to come up with just a bit more than half the money he’ll need for college. You’re such a good kid, not living off your parents’ money, unlike moi.” Merelise commented, walking up from behind in a pair of baggy Capri’s and a tight fitting halter top and a light cardigan on top, and jumping into the backseat with wine coolers, beer bottles, and a bag of chips in her arms.

                After seeing the environment Liam lived in, I expected the guy to be a spoiled brat, as horrible as that seems. I know, I’m such an awful girlfriend. I didn’t even associate any of those characteristics with him, considering I hadn’t been aware of this up until now. But after hearing he worked to make the money for all this… well, the word impressed was not a sufficient word to describe how I felt.  

                “Damn Liam. A guy who’s independent enough to work and make his own money; my boyfriend can’t get any more perfect.”

                “Ehh, you’re making me blush,” he replied, grinning. He then took me in his arms and gave me a sprinkle of kisses on the apples of my cheeks.

                “So you’re that kind of couple….Thanks Liam, for being another Mark Alencar. Mom is right. You do go after your father.” I broke into laughter, listening to the comparison between a father and a son.

                “She’s right. We better get going.” I unhooked myself from Liam, jumping into the car. Though it was supposedly winter, the climate was only moderately chilly. I stuck to a pair of skinny jeans with an indigo, frilly tank top that was tucked in, completing the look with a thin leather belt and peacock feather earrings.  Liam kept it casual as well with jeans and a polo. We drove in town, passing small fashion stores. Every now and then we would hear someone shout “Liam’s back home,” or “the Alencars’ are in the hood!” Liam and I laughed at that one.

                “Liam, let’s go to Mardi Gras Puppies,” Merelise yelled over the radio that was blasting.

                “We have to get things for the party tomorrow though. That’s what mom said,” he replied with a swift turn to make eye contact with her.

                “Freaking mama’s boy…. How about majority vote? Do you like dogs Airi?”

                “Yeah, I love them…but if Liam needs to—”

                “Then it’s settled. Take us to MGP, Liam.”

                “I know, secretly, you just want to see Ashton,” Liam said smirking, his eyebrow arched as he looked in the mirror to make contact with her.

                “Ooh, who’s this Ashton, Merelise?” I asked, wondering how Liam and Merelise could be siblings.

                “He’s some guy. You know, the guy,” she said shyly. I have proven my previous point. While Liam was the straight forward “I want you” type of guy, Merelise kept quiet, waiting for the words rather than saying them herself. Again, how are they siblings? Oh right, they’re both crazy, in the end.