Ch 9: Beach activities with a Pinch of Lust; but Cellphones Ruin it All

Hey everyone. Hope all of you are liking the story so far. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN.

          Chapter 9: Airi

                We reached the waters, my hand in Liam’s. I felt empty inside. I had just gotten an answer that I should’ve have been prepared for. More importantly, I just asked a question that violated my “NO RELATIONSHIPS” customs. I asked myself, “What’s happening?”  Before I could analyze my mistakes, thoroughly, Liam pulled me into the water.                                                                               

                “Now the first step to surfing is looking even better than you do now. I would like to take off your shorts and pierce your navel.”

                “Why don’t we get your tits bedazzled first?” After my retaliation, he looked down at his nipples and said,

                “My tits are fine. But if you’re that desperate to get some color in them, you can always put lipstick on and kiss them to your heart’s content.”

                “Or maybe you can get the sharks to do that. And no, I’m not going to take off my shorts. Or pierce my belly button.”

                “Kill joy. Okay, skipping step one, here is step two. Let me demonstrate.” He lay on the surf board, paddling to deeper waters.

                “As you can see, I have swum to the darker side of the ocean and now I will proceed into step three; getting on my feet and balancing.” He pushed himself up, gracefully gliding over the waves. I was definitely too much of a klutz to go with this. After a dozen minutes or so, he jumped off and ran to me.             

                “It’s a shame the waves are too small. I would’ve seriously gotten my groove on. Okay, you try.”             

                “Can we just skip to the part where I stand on the board and ‘ride the waves’?” I added quotation marks with my fingers.

                “I don’t care, as long as you give me something for this.”

                “You remember the outliers, right?”

                “Ugh… I like jobs.”

                “I like my mouth and hands clean.” I gave him a smile, and with that, I got on the board. For a moment, I couldn’t stop wobbling. I grabbed onto Liam’s shoulder for support. When that wasn’t enough, he grabbed my waist.

                “Okay, now I’m going to push you to give you a head start. Remember to bend your knees, and keep you feet wide apart. Okay, ready, go.”

                He pushed me with not much force, and for a few seconds, “surfing” was a breeze, until I started to tip over.

                “Liam!”

                “Air—.” I fell, and Liam managed to get to me fast enough.  This time, I was on top of him. We were both soaked in salt water, and my eyes burned with agony.                                                    

                “Oh my god. Liam, are you okay?”

                “Uh, yeah.” He put his hand in his hair, as if he were holding his head together before it fell off. I quickly got up and pulled him up.