Chapter 8

#Edited

Dixc was the one who screamed. I ran to where she was and saw a zombie heading towards her. Not wanting to make a sound, I grabbed my knife and threw it at the zombie's head. The zombie fell limp. Dixc looked at me with wide eyes. All I did was check her over for injuries.

"Are you okay?", Steven said out of breath.

"Yeah, it just....it scared me", she said. I nodded my head in acknowledgement. I grabbed the basket that had all the things that we needed. I headed out to the truck, and put the basket in as I hopped in the driver's seat. I started the truck as the others hopped in.

"Where are we going?", Dixc asked as she hopped in the front seat.

"Montana", was my only reply as I drove out of there. After 7 hours and 25 minutes we were in Montana.

"Wow, it's beautiful", gasped Dixc as the others agreed.

"Yeah, it is. My family lives here. Well my mom, my little brother, and sister", I replied smiling but then frowning at the end of my sentence.

"What's with the frown? You should be happy to see your family again", Trent said.

"It's nothing. I'm happy but, I'm not able to see my whole family", I replied frowning sadly.

"Oh", they said as we pulled into the driveway to my parents mansion.

"Does a pack live here?", Morgan asked.

"Yes, all of them are werewolves except my family. My family are fox spirits", I replied while parking the truck and getting out.

"Wow, that's cool", Caleb said. I nodded my head as I knock on the giant door.

"Hello, who are you?", one of the omega's said.

"My mom use to be mated to the Beta before he..uh died", I replied with tears threatening to come out.