Chapter 31: Said You Just Got Fired, And You Don't Have A Back Up Plan

Chapter 31

*Cody Marie POV*

I don't know what I was thinking when I kissed him, but I did. And it was the best damn kiss in my life.

It felt like his soft, luscious lips were a power surge sending shock waves all over my body; the kiss was so passionate and perfect.

After the cop was yelling at us for PDA and Marcus cursed him out, we zoomed out of there.

I walked quickly to the car when Mike caught up to me and whispered in my ear, "Uhm, what was that?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Does this mean we're... Together?"

I didn't answer him, and not because I was being rude, just because I seriously don't know the answer.

I would say I don't know because I haven't thought about us being together, but that would be bullshit. I've thought about it a lot - I just never thought it'd actually become a reality.

"Cody? Cody Marie? Code! Codesters? Mrs. Marie? Is it still uncomfortable of I call you that? What about... Maria? Ma... Ma... Maria. I like it."

I smiled, "No. You can call me that."

"Sweet. I, uhm. . . Well fuck. This is all so new to me? Well, no. Actually, yes. . . Well, fuck. Umm, y-"

"Mike?" I asked, stopping and turning around.

"Hm?"

"Shut the fuck up." I smiled. He smiled and nodded and we walked to the car in silence. Even when we got in the car, it was dead silence. Vic was driving and he drove us to the hospital.

"Alright, so when we came back for you we decided to carpool, so Jessica, Jaime, Marcus and Tony in my car." announced Vic. They all got in and drove off.

"What is Tommy going to say?" Mike asked quietly as we got in his car, him driving and me in the passenger seat.

I let out a groan; I didn't even think about him.

"Ahh, fuck. I have no clue."

"Don't worry. I'll talk to him."

"No, you're fine. It's cool. I'll call him now actually." I said, getting out my phone that Marcus gave back to me after I changed.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is Tommy there?"

"Yes, he is. Let me get him for you."

"Yes ma'am."

"Hello?"

"Tommy, this is Cody Marie Reeves. I wanted to call you and let you know tha-"

"Yes, I know. You wanted to call me to let me know that the reason you didn't come to work is because you were in the hospital because of an injury."

"Yes sir. That's correct. I'm fine and well and I'll be ready for work tomorrow."

"Actually, I talked with the police and I found out why you got beat up."

"Yes sir?"

"What did I tell you about this stupid boy drama?" He spat harshly.

"Sir, this wasn't just 'stupid boy drama.' This is-"

"Cody Marie, enough with the excuses. You're fired. If you, this Jameson guy, or any of your other boy toys comes back here without the intention of getting food, I will not hesitate putting a restraining order put on you." He hissed. And then I heard the phone click.

I held my mouth in awe, looking at my home screen in disbelief.

"What's wrong?"

"I...I just got fired. . ."

"What?!" He yelled, slamming on his breaks.

"I got fired." I said simply. He scoffed and continued along the four-lane.

"That Tommy guy is a asshat."

"...maybe it was for the better." I sighed, trying to think positive.

"You're right. Now you don't have to deal with his broke bitch ass anymore." He agreed. I smiled once more. Mike made everything better.

It's going to be alright, Cody Marie. Take a breathe. You're going to find a new job and everything will be okay.

Right?

-----

Beep.

Double update or nah?