Chapter 5

I step out of the shower and get dressed. Putting on the fancy looking underwear set H had left for me once again. Incase I was getting sick tonight, of course. Then I proceeded to blow dry my soaking wet hair a little bit and decide that I should do some type of  makeup look. Despite lacking experience in that department for months now. I touch up with a bit of mascara and eyeliner to accent my eyes. With about 2 hours to kill I brush through my hair in hopes it would help it dry out a bit faster on it's own. I didn't intend on catching pneumonia, really. Of course putting on my coconut scented deodorant to keep me smelling fresh. Feeling spiteful, I make sure to put on the nice necklace from my stalker as well. Coming up with some stupid excuse if someone pointed out the letter 'H' on it. Now I just needed to decide on some clothes. The bulk of my time will probably be waisted changing a million times. Back up the stairs I go again...

As I suspected, I eat an hour and a half contemplating my outfit. As I'm changing I try to think through everything I was gunna need for tonight. Phone, bag, shoes.... I need shoes. Keys! Of course, wallet, cute travel size perfume that smells like fucking cake that makes me feel so fucking happy...  How is it so hard to focus?

Trying my best to be efficient, I pull an old dress on over my head. It's looser on me now than it used to be. I try to ignore that it doesn't flatter me the way I'd like. To keep me a little warmer I also put on the thickest tights I own and a red long sleeve shirt underneath the dress. I don't have many options. So I move on, grabbing my phone off the charger, then heading down the stairs to finish getting ready.

Needing to hurry at this point, I walk over to the coat closet. Put on the shoes I never get to wear. The little red ankle boots were so cute. They were perfectly matching with the little black dress and red undershirt I wore. I sat down on my couch, having to adjust the dress a little. The shoes slid onto my feet easily, still a perfect fit. The color of them inspired me to put on some nice red lipstick.

After hurrying to my bathroom, I searched my little makeup drawer for the lipstick I was looking for. It was in there somewhere, I thought. My hands dug and dug through the different products. Until finally, my nicest red lipstick, that I spent too much money on appears in the drawer. It lasts all day and doesn't rub off. Perfect for a nice dinner. The shade looked perfect on my lips and nicely complemented the color of my undershirt and shoes. Fantastic. I pull out the cake perfume and spray myself down as if I had ran a 5k race without a single ounce of deodorant. Then carry the perfume out with me to place in my purse. Once my bag is packed and on my shoulder I find myself admiring myself in the mirror. It had been a long while since I had dressed this nice. Sometimes it felt nice just to dress up.

A knock at my door startled me while I was distractedly staring at myself in the mirror. I jumped at the sudden noise before sauntering off to the door close by and opening it up. Adeline smiles down at me as soon as she sees me from behind the front door.

"Hey Pheobe! Oh my God, look at you. I feel like I should be taking headshots right now. Jesus Christ you look fucking hot, girly." Adeline grabs onto my hips, gently encouraging me to spin around for her and I do. "LOOK AT THAT ASS IN THIS DRESS! Ugh, Joey's brother will drop a ring on you in two seconds. Wifey material, no question."

"Please, you look amazing Adi. I love your outfit. You always know how to dress."

I smile at how nice my friend is. She is so very good at helping me out when I'm frustrated and sad. Her words always find a way of getting to me like nobody else's. I felt guilty for not reaching out to her for so long.

"You ready to head out? Hank, Joey and I sure are!" Addie breaks my silence.

"Hank?" I ask, turning back to fully face Adeline.