Chapter 17

"So, how's the outside world treatin ya, Campbell? " Eddie enquires. "It's been bloody brilliant, Eddie! D'you know what we did today? We rode in shopping trolleys across the aisles at the grocery store." Campbell replies, excitedly. "Yea...till the stern shopkeeper scolded us! " Pearl continues, feeling a bit embarrassed by it. "Ooh! An' we had a food fight during dinner!" he recounts, even more excitedly. "I'd only seen them on the telly, until last night! We tossed tomatoes, mushrooms an' bits of chicken salad at each other! I mean, it was so unhygienic, so unsafe, yet....so much fun! " Pearl exclaims, unable to contain her excitement! "Sounds like you kids had a lotta fun! So, what brings you here,Campbell? " Eddie asks, nodding his head in amusement at their antics. "D'you think you can help me find a job? " Campbell requests. In response, Eddie whips out an album cover from his carefully arranged shelf & removes a piece of paper which he'd hidden in it. "A few weeks ago, an RJ from BBC radio Scotland called me, sayin that she was a fan o' your show an' was interested in meetin ya. I told her that you weren't allowed outta the asylum, so she left her phone number with me. Why dontcha give her a call? Maybe, she might've a job for ya. " Eddie suggests, handing him the piece of paper. Just above the phone number, it reads: Emerald Chapman AKA RJ Chappy. "Cool beans, I just might, Eddie!" Campbell agrees, grinning at Eddie. "Thanks, Mr. McKenna." Pearl thanks. "Uh...Campbell?" Eddie calls out, as they prepare to leave. "D'you think you could come o'er once in a while to do the show? We attempted to continue it with Fergus, but it just wasn't the same without you, ya know? " he requests. "Aye! I'd love to, Eddie! Maybe I'll drop by some time! " Campbell replies enthusiastically, before following Pearl outta the studio.
            ********************