Chapter 11

"G'night, Pearl." Georgie exclaims with a yawn, as she drops her friend at her apartment, at the end of a long day. "Yea....who's callin now? Gosh! I hope it's not another angry restaurateur! " she mutters, as her cellphone rings. "Campbell? What's happened? " she asks, answering it. "My dad sorta kicked me out. We haven't been on good terms after our lil spat the last time he visited me at the asylum! I just needed a place to stay an' yours is the only number I know." he replied, calling from a phone booth outside his dad's house. "Have you thought about checkin into a hotel? " she asks. "Don't have any money on me." a helpless Campbell replies, glumly twisting the phone cord in his hand. "Fine. We're comin over. Where're you? " she asks. He gives her the address, before she motions to Georgie to drive. "My very own taxi service! " an ecstatic Campbell jokes, as the girls arrive to pick him up.
"This is wondrous! Us, livin together!" he exclaims loudly, as they arrive at Pearl's place. "Ssh! You're only staying here till you find a place of your own, kay? Now, grab your luggage an' follow me." she orders, shushing him with a finger across his lips. "Here. Hold my guitar case." he requests. "Didn't know you played." she mutters, unlocking the door before accepting the case from him. "I should've stayed at the asylum!" he exclaims, unimpressed by the dark apartment. "Shut up an' put your bags away in the closet,Campbell." she orders, rolling her eyes, before gesturing to the closet in a corner of the living room (which's just a dull,carpeted room with a telly & a few chairs around it). "Where's the couch? Where am I gonna sleep?" he asks, looking around the room. "Don't have one. You could share the bed with me tonight, but keep your hands to yourself, kay? I've got new bedclothes in the storeroom over there. Go get em, would you?" she orders. "Sure." he replies, dropping his bags on the floor, not bothering to put em away into the closet , before hurrying over to the tiny storeroom. She sighs, as she drags his luggage into the closet.