eleven: aftermath

My eyes were always dull, lifting only when necessary and my figure had invetably become sluggish, losing productivity to do things.

Everyone were worried, always looking things out for me and even treat with delicacy even Tsukishima himself. Though our rivalry has declined greatly, their competitiveness grated on me quite much, really much to my dismay.

His smugly smile always irritated me, my eyes always looking hard and tense with his interactions with Yachi-san but it was my fault anyway.

With so much agitation, I couldn't help but blame myself. Everyone noticed my unusual melancholy and everyone showed in their own way, they comforted and treated me well.

Yachi-san treated me the usual way but I sensed awkwardnes and distance observed when we do talk.

"Hinata-kun, your water bottle," her hand awkwardly hanging towards me, observing quite a distance approximately, two feet. Her eyes were looking towards my back, it was as if she wanted to look at me but refused and looked instead far beyond myor ace without me noticing it. But my eyes caught it, becoming vigilant of what will happen.

I slowly grabbed the water bottle, she smiled and still not detaching my grip, I was having an inner argument.

My doubts were resurfacing, wanting to apologize and just tell her that I was in a bad time that time.

I could convince her that I was in a bad state back then, but my mind was blank, feeling lost on what will I say. My mouth was agape opened, hanging as I choked my way to speak the words out, caught between the tightness of my throat.

But as she released her hand already and smile timidly, her smile crooked awkwardly.

Her retreating figure blurred from a far, I looked with regret showering my stomach, both of my fists clenched tightly on the water bottle looking at it with an angered face.

An empathizing hand gripped at my shoulder blade, my head turned that made me fixed my angered face with a fake glee.

"Osu," I called and surprised washed over my features as I saw Kageyama glaring hard at me, his eyebrows knitted together with annoyed.

He replied by dragging me towards somewhere, my butt ached in the friction.

"Hey! Kageyama! What's the deal with you!" My voice channeled the hidden frustration I was struggling to keep, I rose as I harshly removed his grip on me and forcibly walked away. I took in the surrounding around me and saw where Yachi-san and Shimizu-san where.

My feet stood frozen and my eyes widening as I saw her familiar gleeful face and wide smile.

A sighed has escaped from my back, it was Kageyama, looking quite irritated from I've done as he was cracking his fingers one by one.

His eyes were trained on me while he slowly approached me. As our distance closed, his figure towered me which irritated me but at the same time pissed me off.

Pumping my chest, faking a brave front and trying to imitate Tsukishima's smugly face. His trademark smirk coming off on my own mouth.

Kageyama's eyebrow dug deeper, looking serious more than ever and continued to look my eyes with the same intensity, piercing and pissed though my irration wore off, I felt I had to return it.

He suddenly shook his head, looking dissapointed, "You are big coward after all."

My frozen feet suddenly melted and took a stride towards him, gripping tightly in his collar, pulling him near my face, anger welling up on me, forcing my frustrations to resurface and channeled and said in reply with a booming voice, "You don't even know what it felt like!"

My eyes looking ready to kill, turning into small slits and my fist sitting at my side, clenched hard.

Kageyama just smirk and said with a mocking tone, "Quit with your excuses. You are scared. Always scared when it comes to her, you're afraid of taking risk!" His voice sudden raised, turning into shout.

My hand grip loosened, pushed him aside and my hand rest at my side, limping. My eyes were emitting tears out of nowhere. My heart squeezing my emotion.

I muttered silently, my face facing him, still crying, "I know!"

"I am afraid of her turning back to me. I am afraid my feelings won't be reciprocated."

"Hinata-kun?"

Hearing her voice, my heart raced and thumped hard against my chest. My fear were also resurfacing, my doubts, my frustration fighting against my exhilaration.

Kageyama pushed me towards her, my back made a contact to Yachi-san. Both of us stumbled, her on my back and me on the top.

"Why don't you unleash that hidden feelings of yours and let it control you?" Kageyama's parting words has made an impact.

My frustrations, doubts, cowardice, regrets left me. I found the strength to face her, to face the reality and my will of wanting to see her smile because of happiness, pushed me to turn my back and faced her flustered face.

I stood up and reached out my hand towards hers, she was still sitting from the collision. Our eyes met, my face felt blood rushing again to my cheeks.

"Yachi-san, I apologize for what I've done, so can you hear me out?" I said while my eyes trained on hers firmly and in return, her head nodded small.

I exhaled sharply and replaced my doubts into strength and transform it into the manifestation of my feelings and emotions towards her.

No turning back anymore. My hopes and inspiration spiraled within my head and with so much determination I shouted letting my heart control my mouth and voice, "I like you, Yachi-san. Not in a friendly but a different way."

My heart bursted, unexpectedly tears were streaming again but this time it was of happiness and joy.

"I like you, Yachi-san. You are my sun."