six: strengthened bond

That day ended in such manner that no one took the initiative to make a conversation.

Yachi-san made quite tons of excuses that obviously imply that she didn't have anything to do with me.

Number one reason: After my heart felt compliment to her cooking, her reply became short and dry. Number two: She refused to ask for help. Lastly, she told me to go out of her house.

"Yachi-san, do you want me to help you to wash the dishes?" I asked her kindly.

She shook too eagerly and stuttered to much, her muffled replies have affected her actions. She almost galumphed her way to the sink and almost tripped the plates and utensils. My heart almost leapt from its place.

"Don't underestimate me, Hinata-kun," her face was serious. No hint of humor, I gulped down my saliva.

"Yachi-san I--," I was completely shut out by her finger stopping me, so near to my face.

"You'll startle my neighbors," she knowingly nodded at me.

I just sweatdropped.

"Oh, your family might be worried so you should go on our way, Hinata-kun," she said while gesturing the door, her voice sounded forced.

"I already ask--" yet again I was stopped. Her finger near her lips, whispering "Shhh" to me.

I nodded and complied to her request, I took my way home hesitantly. Slowly walking my way, trying to absorb everything.
I waved a little and go on my way and she didn't even wave back at me.

***
My eyes were glued at Yachi-san and she was really active doing her job as our manager, helping Shimizu-senpai.We were taking our break and Yachi-san wasn't the one who offered my drink but Shimizu-senpai. It was like she was deliberately avoiding me.

I wonder why she was suddenly avoiding me...? That thought has continued to consume me but was distruped by Tanaka-senpai and Noya-senpai.

"Hey, hey lover boy," Tanaka-senpai greeted me while teasingly wiggling his eyebrow with Noya-senpai.

"Osu," I glumily said while slowly drinking my drink.

"Hmmm? It seems lover boy is not in a good mood huh," Noya-senpai said while he smirked teasingly while wiggling his eyebrows alongside with Tanaka-senpai.

"No, I am perfectly fine, senpai..." My voice trailed off, signaling them to not to talk to me as I casted my gaze downward.

Tanaka-senpai and Noya-senpai looked at each other, sharing their wicked plan, smirking creepily and strange enough they exclaimed in unison, "Okay, if you say so.."

"Everyone, break time ends here. Let us resume practicing!" Daichi-san said in a loud voice and in response their voices boomed aloud with such enthusiasm except me.

"Hitoka-chan."

"Y-yes?!" Yachi-san responded quickly, her body stiffened at the call. She slowly met Shimizu-senpai's gaze, and asked, "What is it?"

Shimizu-senpai smiled in return and Yachi-san felt sad and in the same time, frustrated. "I could never be comparable to Shimizu-senpai. Here I thought I could be as good as her..." her vision has become blurry as the forming tears were brimming from her eyes. She has swiftly wiped it off.

"Is there anything wrong, Hitoka-chan?" Shimizu-senpai asked with a warm and soothing voice. Such voice made her eyes water again, now her tears streaming and she was silently sobbing.

Shimizu-senpai offered her shoulder as she embraced me slowly, patting my back to console. Her emotions has now manifested into tears. Much to her dismay, her silent sobs has become loud, catching everyone's attention.

"Hitoka-chan..?"
"Yachi-san..?"

They all said in unison, frowning at Yachi-san with deep concern. I only averted my gaze in guilt, I was fully aware of the reason: me.

"Shoyo," Noya-senpai greeted me from behind as he tapped my shoulder consecutively, I looked up in my shoulder and followed his stern gaze, it was directed to Yachi-san.

"Yes..?" my voice trailed off in reply and seemingly to tremble.

"Why don't you help her this time?"

My shoulder flinched at what Noya-senpai. I gritted my teeth, manifesting my anger towards myself.

"I am not befitting to--"

"Oh okay, I will tell Kei then to help Hitoka," he said and began to call at Tsukishima. "Ke--" I covered his mouth.

"Okay fine fine! I will do it!"I said in submission. I sighed in relief.

Then I was pushed towards Shimizu-senpai and Yachi-san, leaving me in the front of them disoriented and frozen, my mouth shut tight.

"Hinata..?" Shimizu-senpai asked. Knocking on my reverie, breaking it.

"I-i would like to help Y-y-y-yachi-san..." I looked downwards while saying it, my cheeks were furiously burning.

"No, let me rephrase that," now looking up, my blush suddenly disappearing and my eyes gleamed with determination, "I would like to talk to you, Yachi-san."

Yachi-san made a brief eye contact but averted in just a second of our eye contact, refusing to look at me.

"Hitoka-chan...?" Shimizu-senpai asked worriedly, a hint of worry. She clearly knew from the start who made her cry like that but she didn't know the reason.

Yachi-san slowly nodded and walked towards me but with distance between us.

I led the way, just beside the club rooms of the sports club. We didn't talked in our way.

I faced her and summoned my courage to speak, I bowed 90° degrees and said, "I am sorry!"

That startled Yachi-san and her face was comically horrified and worried. "H-hinata-kun, s-stop th--"
"Please, Yachi-san let me do this."

Yachi-san gulped down her words and let Hinata do what he wanted.

Her cheeks was now tinted with pink, everyone who passed by saw Hinata doing it, that made her blush more.

"Hinata-kun, I would like to say sorry. You were not the one at fault, it is me. Remember the time you complimented me but mentioned Shimizu-senpai? I felt I inferior. It made me remember that I am just a Villager B. But it is okay, I know it was not intentional and, I acted selfishly. I am not suiting for being Karasuno's manager after all," she said while I still bowed but it made me regain my standing position.

I shook my head and said, "You got it wrong, Yachi-san. You are our important manager. Perhaps Shimizu-senpai is longer than you but your presence, your existence is as great as Shimizu-senpai. You were perhaps a Villager B but you know what? Even Villager B has its good points too! I told you before right?" I grinned while showing thumb up towards her.

She chuckled while smiling, at least it ended well...

For now.

A/N: saiko- and colouredpages, thank you very much for voting.
Your votes motivates me to continue writing this. It was supposed to be a one-shot but because of your support, thank you. Thank you very much.