Chapter Two

I was standing at the merch table, with a line forming. The rest of the guys were loading up the trailer and talking to fans as they went along. I was looking for her. When I finally spotted her she was sitting at the bar, drinking something. I started to wonder if she was going to come talk to me. She caught my eyes and waved. Her smile was so perfect. I waved and smiled back to her, then turned back to the fans that were talking to me. I hadn’t heard a word they had said. 

As the line started to get smaller, I saw her get up and walk closer. My heart started to race. I felt like I’ve seen her before but I couldn’t tell for sure or not. Andrew came up behind me and handed me my phone. He said Cameron wouldn’t stop calling. I sighed but put my phone in my pocket. 

Finally, she was standing in front of me, “Hey.” 

“Hey,” she smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat.

“How are you?” I asked. She smiled,  “I’m great, now that I’m standing in front of my hero.” 

I chuckled a little, “Thank you. Do you want an autograph?” 

“No, I have one. I don’t see a need for a billion. The first one is the most special. But I would love a hug and photograph.” she pulled out her phone. 

“Of course.” I wrapped my arms around her, feeling nervous. I wished I wasn’t so sweaty and stunk so bad. She didn’t seem to mind as she wrapped her arms around my body and squeezed. 

After we hugged, for what felt like a really long moment, she turned to stand next to me, then held up her phone, snapping a picture. 

“Did you change something about you. I know I remember you, but I don’t.” I blurted out. 

She laughed, “Yeah, I changed my hair, not a lot of people remember me, but they all say it makes me look hot.”

“Well they are right.” I said and froze. Oops. 

She smiled, that heart stopping smile, “Thanks.”

“I don’t usually do this.. But can I give you my number, to talk more?” I asked.

“Of course, I’d love that. My names Alli by the way.” she reached her hand out to shake mine. 

I took her hand in mine, “I’m Cody.”  We both laughed and exchanged numbers. 

A few moments later a really tall man was standing next to her and grabbed her arm. 

“Let’s go. The guys want to meet for a beer.” he said to her, pulling on her arm.

I saw her wince, “Okay. Let me say goodbye.” 

He released her arm and walked away. “Sorry about that, that’s my boyfriend, Bill.” she said rubbing her arm.

“Oh. Well, I think he wants to leave.” she threw her arms around me again, knocking the wind out of me slightly. 

I held her close to me for a moment and released her, “Text me, when you want.” I said as she walked away. 

--------

“I miss you. When do you come home?” Cameron asked me for the millionth time. 

I sighed, “I already told you. There is still a week left of the tour.”

“Well I think you should cut it short..” she replied, huffing. 

“You know I can’t do that. You need to be patient.”  I said. 

I could hear her pouting as she said no over and over. I sighed again, “I have to go. We are stopping for food.” I hung up before she could say anything else, I knew that was a mistake but at this point I didn’t care. 

Dan grabbed my shoulder before I could step out of the van. The rest of the guys were already in Taco Bell, probably already eating. 

“What?” I asked him. 

He looked me in the eyes, “You know what. I really don’t like her attitude and stuff.” 

“I know you don’t.” I said, getting mad. 

“Hey, don’t get mad with me. I’m telling you the truth, none of us do.” Dan put his hands up and jumped out of the van before I could punch him. 

We walked into the restaurant and ordered our food, then went to sit by the rest of the guys. They all looked up at us when we walked over but didn’t say anything.

------

We had been driving for a few hours now, I think it had been about six. Our show last night was in Maryland and today’s was in Chicago. I also knew we had to drive through Ohio again and it made me feel really happy. 

I couldn’t understand what this girl was doing to me. She hadn’t texted me yet, and it kind of upset me. I thought back to when her boyfriend came up to her. The way he grabbed her arm, so tight. I felt bad. The urge to punch him was strong. I felt like doing it, just thinking about it. 

“You okay?” Austin poked my arm.

I turned to him, “What? Yeah.. Why?” I asked.

“You looked mad.” he moved away from me slightly, afraid I might hit him. 

“Oh, I was just thinking about something. I’m not going to hit you.” I laughed. 

Maxx raised an eyebrow, “What were you thinking of?” 

I blushed slightly, and I know I did because I felt my face heat up, “Um, a fan, her boyfriend grabbed her arm really hard at the Ohio show.” I said quietly.

“Oh my god. Cody has a crush! Have you told Cameron yet?” Andrew said excitedly. 

“I do not!” I yelled. 

Dan laughed, “Look whose getting all defensive! Someone’s got a crush!” 

Just then my phone went off, I sighed, expecting it to be Cameron. She always had a way of knowing we were talking about her. Only this time, it was Alli. I smiled huge and opened her text.

“Hey, sorry I haven’t texted in a few days, I was busy.” 

I looked up to see everyone staring at me, I ignored them and went back to my phone, “That’s okay, I can understand that. How are you?” 

“I’m fine. And you?” she asked. 

I was happy to finally be texting her. I had thought about sending her one yesterday, but I don’t want to seem pushy. I knew I needed to figure out my feelings and soon, because I didn’t want to make a big mistake.