Chapter Twenty-Seven

---- Allis POV ----

We had everything picked out and set for the wedding, except the date. Cody and I just couldn’t pick a day. I’m not sure why but every day we thought of we shot down for some reason. I looked at the list of dates we already said with lines through them. 

“You don’t remember the day we met?” Cody put his hands on mine.

I shook my head, “no, I wish I could.” 

He took the notebook out of my hands an threw it on the bed. I sighed as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. The tears escaped my eyes and my body started to shake. 

“Hey, don’t cry, it’s alright. We will figure this out.” I felt his hand on the back of my head, stroking my hair. 

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, “why is it so hard to pick a day?” I mumbled into his chest. 

“Because it’s going to be the best day of our lives and when that day comes around for years to come we want to love it as much as we did the first time.” he whispered back.

I couldn’t help but start to cry again, he held me tighter. We stood like that for what seemed like forever until he pulled away from me. 

“Look at it this way, everything else is set. After we pick a date and send out the invitations then we can relax, of course until the day.” he looked me in the eyes. 

I shook my head and wiped my eyes, “you’re right.” 

He smiled, “maybe Katy can help us.” 

I nodded and walked to the bathroom to throw some water on my face. When I walked back out Cody was standing in the living room with my bag and keys in his hand. I walked over to him and took my bag and his open hand. We walked out to my car and we drove to the apartment. 

“Hey guys, what’s up? Alli why do you look like you’ve been crying?” Katy stood up from the couch as we walked in. 

“We were wondering if you might be able to help us, or Alli remember something.” Cody said. 

Katy looked at me, “what’s up?” 

“Did I ever tell you the day I met Cody?” I asked her. 

She walked out of the room and to hers. When she came back she had a journal in her hands. She sat back down and we sat on the floor. We watched as she flipped through the pages, running her finger down them. 

“Ah! Here we go, June 17th. There is no year though.” she smiled at us. 

Cody and I looked at each other, “I like it.” he smiled. 

I smiled back at him, “I like it too.” 

“Well that gives us four months.” Katy stated. 

Cody pulled out his phone and called his mom. I could hear her yell excitedly when he told her we figured out the date. She said she would get the invitations printed and sent out quickly. I was so happy we finally had everything set for sure. I started to feel nervous but pushed it away. I laid my head on Codys shoulder and listened to Katy and him talk.   

-------

---- Codys POV -----

It was all set and ready to go. I was happy we finally chose a date and the invitations were out. We called a lot of people to tell them as well, since it was four months away and we didn’t want to fully trust the postal service. My mom, sister and Katy were making sure the ceremony setting was going to be perfect. I knew Alli was getting more and more nervous but didn’t want to show it.