8) Not Yours

It was Monday, unfortunately, and you and Dave walked into the classroom holding your solar system.

"(Y/N)! That's fabulous!" Jade called out to you.

"Hey! Thanks Jade! Yours is pretty wicked too," you observed it.

She seemed extra tired and the model looked to be of one person's work. Of course that lazy, good for nothing Lisa wouldn't do anything.

"Did you do that by yourself?" You asked, frowning.

"Well, yeah. She refused to come over or let me come over because, and I quote; I don't need someone as poor and disgusting as you in my house and I definitely aren't going to be caught at your house, loser," Jade turned red in anger.

"I just wish she could shut her mouth sometimes," Dave grumbled.

"Me too," you took your seats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone else had presented their projects and it was time for your project to be presented.
Dave held it as you walked to the front of the class.
"Okay, this is the solar system," you smiled at all the bored faces.

You nearly finished after ten minutes of droning about useless facts on the planets and you started walking back to your seat. This time, you held the project. Big mistake.

Someone's foot barely reached into the walkway, causing you to fumble face first on the tile.
Your nose was busted pretty bad, and to say the least, you were quite embarrassed.
You looked up at Dave who wasn't even paying attention to you.
That did it.

You ran out of the room crying and holding your bloody nose.

"(Y/N)!" A voice called after you.

It wasn't Dave, though, so you didn't stop.

Once you arrived in the bathroom, you just sat in front of the mirror, sobbing grossly.

"Well well well, look who failed again," Lisa's annoying voice echoed through the bathroom.
"Okay, at least I worked on the project instead of sitting off like a lazy bi-"
"I get it! You're mad at me! But I didn't do anything!" She flashed an evil grin.

"Stop kidding yourself. We both know you tripped me," you rolled your eyes and began to tend to the blood on your face.

"Listen, (Y/N), you may have Dave believing you're great, but he's mine. He always was. He was never yours," she hissed.

She got up in your face, "Not yours."

Then she waltzed out of the bathroom.

I- I don't know what I was thinking Dave couldn't ever really love me. Could he?