Question :: Answer

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh.

#QUESTION to our Guest #MufiMenk in #Kano #Nigeria #Yesterday:

"If Islam truly preach Peace, why did Muhammad (SAW) go to war?"

#ANSWER:

That is a very good question... Because he was driven out of Mecca, and his properties were stillman and his companions were literally driven out of their own homeland... So, if the colonialists for example drove the people out of their homes and homeland, what did we see (?)

We see a war in order to achieve peace... That's what we see... But the Prophet (SAW) didn't destroy, he was not 'a killer' but, he fought in order to get back the dignity and the honour that they initially have. (And that was) when he had the power in Madina.

Then Allah instructed him to go back and get what was taken from the Muhajireen. The Muhajireen were those from Mecca. Some of them were wealthy. And all their wealth were stolen by the people of Mecca. So Allah says you can now go back to get your belongings. Those were like the war for Independence from the colonialists. That war was justified. (So) if you want to know why Muhammad (SAW) went to war, well, those were the reasons he went to war and few others which were all legitimate.

But today, there are people killing others sporadically and randomly without even knowing who they are.

They kill those who say the Shada and non-muslims who are not actually enemies of Islam. And these non-Muslims are the majority. They are just non-muslims. They happen to live in your country, having different Faith, they fulfill their rights and you fulfill yours. You have NO right to go and kill them instead, you need to do Da'awa (calling to day way of Allah with wisdom and beautiful preaching). (When you do,) later they will accept Islam.

In a Hadith, Ali (ra) was sent to Khaibar, he was told:

'you are going to these people, they are going to fight you but remember, still, if Allah guide one person among them through you, it is better than all material things in this world have.'
Who were these (?) They were the enemies. But that was what he was told about them. So surely, we can make some effort with the rest of the non-Muslims who are here. I hope this have answered the question.

************

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) have Mercy on us all and In Sha Allah, we hope to return to Kano and again and again.

Written by Misbahu L. Hamza
I take full responsibility of any error in this and not Mufty. May Allah continue to be our guide. Aameen
PLEASE, SHARE FISABILILLAH.

Usman Abdulwahab@facebook.com