Sixty-Three || Daddy Dearest

Start from the beginning

Scott lightly shook his head, "Why would somebody do that?"

"Why is anyone doing any of this, Scott?" Jacy asked in response. "The deadpool, the killing, the sheer amount of money on teenagers for crying out loud."

"How did this come through the printer?" Scott flipped the pages, looking back up to Jacy. "Someone had to send it to you, right? Stiles, I mean. It was his printer, wasn't it?"

"It didn't come through his computer, I checked." Jacy exited out the code, taking away the list of names without numbers. "I tried tracing the ip but I think it must've been a ghost that fed it through. It kept coming even after I turned off the printer."

"If it were a ghost, wouldn't you have been able to see it?"

"Not necessarily," Jacy replied. "Some can cloak themselves, especially if they know they're dealing with clairvoyants."

Scott hesitated, thinking back to the moment in the vault when he could've sworn he'd seen Allison's figure in the reishi dust. He couldn't tell if it had been real or a psychotic break from the sickness. "Jacy..."

Jacy's expression changed, noting how Scott suddenly softened. "What is it?"

"In the vault...when none of us could really see, I - I think that I saw..." Scott felt like he couldn't say it, like it wasn't a possibility. He didn't want to get his hopes up.

"You saw her, didn't you?" Jacy, however, didn't need to ask who he was talking about.

"Allison," Scott quietly said.

"It was her. She's around more than you think." Jacy took Scott's hand when she saw tears start to well up in his eyes. "She saved all our lives in the vault by dropping the reishi. She likes to check up on everyone and make sure they're okay."

Scott wiped his cheek with the sleeve of his white shirt as a tear slipped over his eyelid, one hand still holding Jacy's. "Is she okay?"

"Of course I am."

Jacy looked down, smiling. "Yes, she is."

Allison stood in her faded image next to Jacy, a smile on her lips.

Although not cold, Scott felt a chill beside him. His eyes widened, looking Jacy for confirmation. "Is she-" but his words fell away as Jacy nodded. Scott watched as she held out a hand to the air, his heart racing.

"Close your eyes," Jacy softly instructed. As Scott did so, she looked to Allison and gave a light nod.

Allison slipped her hand into Jacy's, giving a soft squeeze.

With closed eyes, Scott could only hear his heartbeat.

But then it came, fluttering into his ears and washing over his senses.

"I believe in you, Scott."

Scott opened his eyes on impulse, a tear falling down his cheek. He quickly looked to Jacy, startled.

"We wanted to tell you sooner, but we weren't sure if you were ready." Jacy let go of both Scott and Allison, returning her hands to her lap. "I hope you're not mad."

"Mad?" Scott asked as he ran his sleeves under his eyes. "No, I'm not mad. If anything, I'm mad she hasn't passed on."

"I have to be around to protect you dumbasses," defended Allison.

Jacy held back most of a laugh, "She prefers to stick around."

"Does she know I'm sorry?" he wondered after a moment. "About what happened...with the oni-"