Chapter 10

[Craig's POV]

After we'd got the bagged blood, Ray and I were flitting back home when suddenly he stopped. I halted and glanced at him. "Hey, why'd you stop?" He just kept staring straight ahead with glazed eyes.

Finally, his eyes seemed to come back in focus and he looked at me with wide eyes. "What?" I asked feeling concern for him overwhelm me.

"I just found something out. Never mind, let's just go home." I looked at him uncertainly but nodded and we were off.

When we reached the compound we heard the sounds of Prince and Chres' lovemaking, or atleast that's what I think they're doing. Ray and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes in unison. Ever since they figured out they were soulmates they haven't been able to keep their hands off of each other. It's cute really but seeing them together hurts me since I know that I be that way with a soulmate of my own.

I just wish Ray would figure it out soon enough. I wanted to be able to have him and express my love for him any time I want. I wanted what Jasanto had. Yeah, that's the ship name I came up with for them. You just combine Jacob and Chresanto to make Jasanto. Weird for a vampire to think about ship names, I know, you don't have to say anything else about it.

I walked into the kitchen after hunging up my coat on the coat rack to find Bree eating. I'm guessing Chres cooked because there's chicken, not that I'm complaining. I love chicken, in fact, everyone in this house does apart from Bree. I don't know if she does or doesn't.

"Hi." She glanced up startled and slammed the book she was reading shut and smiled sketchily at me.

"Hey. Back already?" I nodded and tried to peer past her hands to see what book it was. It was the book in which I recorded Jacob's training status. How far he's coming with his powers. She smiled apologetically at me. "I just wanted to know how Jacob's training was coming along." She shrugged and handed me the book. I glanced at it then back at her before placing the book down.

She left the kitchen after that and I proceeded to place the bags in the silver fridge mainly for blood then went and put the book back in my room.

Yeah, that's where I keep it so she must have entered my room to get it.

There's something really strange about her. The way she always seems to be interested in our abilities and such. Apart from Chres. Since he hasn't practiced yet so there's no way for her to know that he does have some powers. Which reminds me, I haven't asked him about his strange immunity to silver. That was truly incredible.

"Hey, can I ask you a really weird question?" Ray said as he sat on the counter top. I glanced at him and shrugged.

"Sure."

"Do you think Chres is one of The Gifted?" I looked at him sharply. Did I think Chres was one of The Gifted? Yes, yes I did. He is immune to silver, which only one person I've ever known was that way. Master Walter. He can teleport, which Master Walter could do too. He can control a fair bit of fire and ice from what I've seen and maybe he can control more. I know he is A Gifted. I've known all this while that he is but I couldn't tell Ray that.

I looked at Ray again for a minute trying to understand why he would want to know about that. Finally I nodded.

"Yeah, I think he is. Why?" He thought for a moment before a smile broke out on his face.

"Because, I think I have found my soulmate!" He exclaimed and jumped off the counter to do a little victory dance.

Hope immediately flared in my chest. Has he really found his soulmate? Does he know it's me? I smiled widely and contemplated whether I should tell him that I'm his soulmate. That I've known all this time that he was my soulmate. But my smile vanished as fast as it'd appeared when doubts started forming and running through my mind. What if he doesn't like me? What if he doesn't want a male mate, then what would I do? I'd definitely die, that's for sure. Living with him for all these years and not being able to be with him has been hard enough so how would I be able to continue living if he rejects me. I'd dies, I tell you. Die.