Chapter 9

[Chres's POV]

That girl with the purple hair. There's something weird about her. I mean, it's not that I don't like her which I assure you, I don't, but something else. I feel like she's lying to us.

Perry told me that she can't talk, atleast that's what she said when he asked but I can tell that he also knows there's something she's hiding. He'd asked me what I thought about her as soon as he woke up and I'd told him what I thought, so we'd promised to tell each other if anything went wrong.

It's been a few days since the rescue and today is Sunday. Craig and Ray had gone into town to get bagged blood. Yeah, we don't suck people's necks unless it's an emergency. Perry was out practicing his earth abilities and Bree, as Perry had said her name was, was inside.

Call me paranoid but I installed cameras in her room. She doesn't know, of course.

I, unlike the others was cooking. Food isn't essential to us but we need it to keep up the body mass. I was cooking roast chicken because the boys love it. I'm a vegetarian so I dont eat meat or chicken or whatever but that doesn't mean I still can't cook it for them. I don't know about Bree.

Bree had been given the room at the end of the hall which was opposite mine and Perry's. Did I not tell you that we now sleep together? Must have slipped my mind but there you go. We're together now, as in boyfriends. I'd finished cooking so I wanted to finish the latest book by J.R. Ward. It's called Lover At Last. I'd read all the other ones before and I was going to start reading this one.

I padded down the hall, my bare feet sinking in to the soft carpet. Pushing open my door, I stopped when I heard a sound coming from the room opposite mine which just happened to be Bree's.

[Bree's POV]

"Hello."

Hey sis. How are you holding up?

"Good, everything is going as planned." I smirked sitting on my bed.

Do they trust you yet?

"Prodigy, Ray Ray and Prince do but Chres, not so much." I frowned, no, Chres overthinking things. And that makes it difficult to get through to him.