Chapter 8

As we were walking down the hall there was aloud crash, sounding like a bunch of glass was being broken. Then there was some thuds, sounding like walls being punched. In a flash Jaxon was growling shaking in a protective stances in front of me. I flinched back hitting a door behind me that decided to open. I started to fall backwards. I closed my eyes and waited for the blow, but it never came.

I peeled my eyes open one at a time to come face to face to a worried looking Jaxon.
"Are you okay. Are you hurt" he asks.

I just nod in response.

The worried look drains from his face as a angry look takes over. He brings me to chest and holds me tighter as his head nuzzled my neck. I gently pat his back until he calmed down. "Jump" he whispered in my hear huskily.

I jumped up as he caught my legs and wrapped them around him.  He lightly pushed my head on his chest and then carried me with both hands on my butt. I snuggle deeper into his neck as a wave of comfort consumes me. After a lot of turns he walks down the stairs two steps at a time.

The crashing and thuds started up again. Jaxon tenses up and started to growl as he brings me closer if that's possibly. "What the hell is going on" he roared rather loudly for my liking. I cowered down in his arms scared. He looks down for a moment and his face softens before it goes back to all seriousness. It was silent before Jaxon spoke again.

"I am the alpha King and your alpha. You will answer me when I speak to you" he roared again. And this time someone spoke up in a very sacred voice. "Alpha,  The beta's mate ran away from him when he told her to stay in the kitchen. She disobeyed him sir" he squeezed out.

"Well we're is my beta at" he commanded using his alpha voice.

"Alpha sir I'm right here" said a man who also sounded scared, but tried to cover it up.

"I should kill you for scaring my mate, for ruining my home. You will get a small punishment cause your my beta. You will clean this up and get replacements for what you broke and then you will run the territory boarders 200 times am I making myself clear?" Jaxon seethed out. He was pissed and it was scaring my poor little soul.

"Crystal" the beta said.

"Good, now leave all of you" Jaxon roared once again making me tremble in fear.

There were doors opening and closing as feet padded against the floor scurrying away. Jaxon waked into what I think is the kitchen. He set me on a cold counter top and nuzzles his head in my neck once again.