The Red Laser Pointer

A/N: Mild language. Fair warning.

  Many are aware of what happens to a cat when it's owner discovers the joy of a laser pointer. At first, it starts off as a bit of fun, but can quickly turn sour if the cat finds the hidden catnip and smells too much. Now take a Cat-man hybrid, a bored Time Lady with a sonic screwdriver (not exactly a laser pointer, but it does the trick), and a mansion filled to the brim with priceless artifacts, and you find yourself in one pretty big pickle.  

~

 It was just a bit of fun at first for a mind-numbingly boring day. The Doctor hadn't meant for it to get out of hand, it just happened. Kind of like that one time in New New-times twenty-New York when the Mayor found a hidden stash of glow-in-dark rabbits that had a craving for rubber, but that's a story for another time.

 You see, the Doctor was bored out of her expansive mind and was playing around with her sonic screwdriver to see if she could finally get it to work on wood. You'd think for as long as she had it, she would know everything about it. Turns out if you hit the sonic really hard against the cane of a certain Cat-man, it goes ding! and turns into a laser pointer.

 The Doctor wouldn't really think anything of it until she noticed that Gavin, who had previously been taking a nap on his velvet fainting couch, had every scrap of his attention focused on it. Curious, the Doctor moved the glowing purple dot slightly to the right and watched Gavin's eyes do the same. She did the same thing in the opposite direction with a little more speed and got the same result, Gavin's tail twitching where it rested on the floor.

 A shit-eating grin began to form on her face, but she quickly crushed it so as to not give herself away. Sitting up further in her chair, she darted the glowing dot up on the back rest of the fainting couch. The Cat-man's fingers twitched as if wanting to snatch it from the soft fabric and keep it forever. Wanting to see a bigger reaction, the Time Lady quickly flashed the laser into Gavin's wide eyes and swiftly back down to the chair. Gavin flinched as the harsh light stabbed his sensitive animal eyes and glared at the light where it sat quivering innocently.

   A small smile creeping onto her face, the Doctor jerked the purple light to the wall. The feline part of Gavin seemed to finally takeover, causing him to launch himself from the fainting couch and crash into the wall, batting at the bastard light. His tail was flicking madly from side to side, and his hands kept tapping the wall in a vain attempt to capture the quivering dot. 

  Close to laughing, the ginger-haired woman began to shake her new laser pointer in random directions, Gavin following it with everything he had. It was fun until the dot moved a little to far to the right, resting on a porcelain jar. As to be expected, Gavin knocked it over and it landed on the floor in a splendid crash of splintering glass and paint chips. Little did the Doctor know, that was the jar that hid all of the potash-dealer's catnip.

  It fell like green and grey snow and was actually very beautiful, that is until Gavin's pupils blew wide with euphoria and his attempts to grab that damned dot rose tenfold. Add that with the sluggishness that comes with the effects of catnip, and you get the very interesting picture of a grown-ass man with cat ears on his knees near a wall, slapping at the wall for a stupid purple dot.

  The Doctor cannot hold back her laughter at this, and all but collapses from her chair near the fainting couch, flailing her arms as she falls. This causes the laser to fly to the other wall and Gavin, of course, follows it, leaping over the Doctor in his attempt to chase it. This causes the Doctor to let out a full belly laugh and drop her sonic.

  Gavin, being a rich man, has his den well stocked with decorations, including the disco ball that the Time Lady gifted to him on their last trip to the 1970s. Which the dot of the pointer lands on, creating a dazzling display of purple dots everywhere. Gavin's feline mind is blown out of the water and he is soon bounding all over the room to capture every single dot that he can, knocking over furniture, breaking priceless artifacts, hell, even shoving the Doctor around like a rag doll. 

  Long story short, the Doctor soon realized what such a bad idea it was and tries to stop Gavin from further destroying his house. But it's more difficult than you think to get a man-sized cat who's high on nip to stop chasing a miniature beam of light. Both came out of the den with scratches to their skin and clothing, the Doctor guiltily, Gavin chagrined and adjusting the lapels of his jacket in a vain attempt to compose himself. 

  Needless to say, the Doctor never messed with her sonic like that again and Gavin got rid of every. single. leaf. of catnip to be found in his mansion. Lesson learned. Maybe.

ONE THOUSAND READS?! You guys are awesome for sticking with me even though I don't update often. Thank guys, y'all are the best!

-Savannah