It seemed as if he was thinking it over for a moment, then he gave a slight nod in approval. Turning to the girls, I replied, "It's no problem." Even though I played my mood off as cool, I was seething inside. Did that really just happen? What, I'm supposed to asked for permission before going anywhere?

What made me even more irritated was the fact that he'd let me go off with these girls he knew, but not my own friends. How stupid is that? It's like he owns me...

I really wanted to facepalm so hard from my stupidity right then, but I decided to play it cool as I followed the girls to wherever they were taking me. Hold on--

"So... where are we going?" I asked.

"Hm, you'll see," said the one girl, and the rest giggled as if there were some sort of inside joke. For some reason I felt a bit nervous (girls are quite hard to understand sometimes), but as we rounded the corner info another hall I saw her:

That girl from the train. She was by herself, leaning her back against the wall and reading a book. Her hair was held back by some clips, and it seemed like she was so far into her own world that she didn't even notice us nearing her. "Xiu Zhen!" the girl called out.

Ah, so that's her name... it honestly fits her really well*.

She glanced up at her friend, but saw me and immediately froze, her pale looking face tinging red. "W-what... are you guys doing?" she stammered, shifting her eyes from me to them.

"What do you think? We're helping you get it over with already!"

"Eh?! Mei Lin, you... I-- I told you not to meddle in this and I'd do it on my own terms!" she exclaimed, face beet red.

"Mei Lin, I told you this was a bad idea," whispered a second girl.

"Oh, come on, it's best you do it now; you were practically staring him down on the train and he saw you twice, so he knows by now." She began to walk away with the other girls as she called out, "when you're done meet us outside of class!"

I couldn't help but think how that girl Mei Lin had the same pushy nature as He Tian. When I turned back to look at Xiu Zhen, she was standing upright, looking absolutely embarrassed (and it was rightfully so, considering her confession was pretty much done for her). Upon closer observation, she was a small girl, around five feet and very, very slender. "My-- my name is Tong Xiu Zhen. And... and I've liked you for a long while. Y-you don't have to return the feelings and this was kind of an awkward spur-of-the-moment thing for both of us, s-so-- I--"

Without thinking I ruffled her hair, which made her flinch. "Haha, sorry. It's just, you're so..." To be honest, she was cute. A bit quirky, but still cute nonetheless. "Xiu Zhen, is it?" I replied. She nodded, and replied,

"And I know... who you are, so..." To be honest, looking at her she seemed like a very nice girl. And even though I had been interested in going out with a girl, for some reason now it just didn't seem right.

Well, more like I was sure that He Tian would be even more overbearing; I barely have time to see my friends, but add a girl into the mix, it would be too much.

"I'm sorry... I'm unable to return your feelings right now. But, I do think you're a nice and pretty girl, so let's try to be friends," I suggested. Xiu Zhen looked up at me and nodded, smiling timidly.

"Yes, that would be best," she replied. I offered to walk her to class, and I learned that her classroom was only two doors down from mine. It was kind of odd that all this time I'd never at least noticed her once before seeing her on that train, but she seemed like the type to not draw a lot of attention to herself.