Shy Girl

(A/N): Just so you know, an asterisk(*) at any point in the chapter means there are notes at the end.

。。。

Going to school with him felt as odd as it did wa king up in his bed that morning; as soon as we neared campus we were ambushed by He Tian's fanclub, saying good morning and talking a mile a minute about what will happen in school and gossiping. I honestly wanted no part of that crap, though I noticed some were missing, especially since my mood felt as bad as it did yesterday.

Basically: I was tricked into his bed.

And no, it's nothing like that-- fuck, I've got no idea what it was. The other day was so crazy and it felt like it was way too much to handle. To be honest, up to a week before he's been occupying most of my time to the point where my friends complain about not seeing me (we hung out practically every free minute of school), and we mostly communicate through text at this point, but it's hard because they talk about their day hanging out and it's like I'm the dark most of the time.

My phone buzzed inside of my pocket and I found a text from one of my closest friends, Jun Li:

Him: What's up, carrot top?

I rolled my eyes at his message, but smirked.

Me: What's up, dumbass. Where are you? You weren't at school yesterday.

Him: Behind you.

"Eh?" I worked around to see Jun Li running full force at me and practically tackling me, making the girls around me shriek. "Uwa, what the hell are you doing?!" He was practically glued to me as he said,

"It's a rare spotting, you know. I haven't seen you in ages."

"It's only been a couple days."

"Same difference!" He stepped away from me and beamed. I couldn't help but to smile back at him, but then I glanced up at the slicked back oily mess on his head.

"What is that?" I asked, gesturing to his head.

"Oh this? It's a new style, man! I got it so I could look like one of those K-Pop idols. The girls dig it."

"How stupid."

"You're breaking my heart," he said, imitating it with his hands, making me chuckle. "Hey, walk with me." He gave me his best, pleasing smile.

"Sorry, but he's accompanying me into school; we have a prior engagement." It was He Tian, which almost made me jump. I turned to glance at him and saw him flashing his most crowd pleasing smile, but his eyes were ice cold. Jun Li, looked at me and back at him and replied,

"Is that so? Then don't worry about it." Jun Li flashed me a smile, but it wavered a bit at He Tian's cold gaze. He quickly left, leaving me to wonder what the hell happened. He Tian then transferred his gaze over to me.

"...what?" I asked defensively. "Why did you send him off like that? He just wanted to hang out."

"Be quiet, I'm almost finished here, then we'll go," he hissed, and he turned back to speak to the girls. Just as he did, four other girls came up, saying hi to He Tian, one of them talking to him the most.

"Um-- excuse us, but could you come with us for a moment?" one of the girls asked. She looked directly at me, too, so it gave me no doubt who she was asking for.

I glanced over at He Tian (out of habit), and he gave me a sideways glance at me, then looked at the girls. Oh jeez, did I just look at him like I was asking for permission? I'm already becoming conditioned to being this demon's servant!