I want to die.
The door opens quietly. Clicks of high-heel shoes are the only things I sense as I hold Maven's gaze.
"You're late."he snapps,continuing to stare at me." You know I don't like to be kept waiting. "He glares at the figure.
Evangeline sits on the throne next to him,her black dress following her like a shadow. Very Queen-like indeed.
" I'm sorry."She murmurs.
"Don't be sorry. "Maven snapps."Make sure it never happens again."he rolls his eyes,letting them fall back on me.
"I'm really not okay with dealing with guests as part of my queenly duties."she comments with a smirk.
"Well I'm no guest and you... certainly are not a real queen."I snarl.
"Feeling anything strange ,Mare?"he asks,"Like envy towards the girl who's sitting on the throne next to me when in another life, you could have been my red queen ?"
"I don't feel anything for the one who wants only to bed the person nearest to the throne. "I mutter,ignoring my mind alarming me that I should keep my mouth shot if I want t...
"Stop-"I choke out as Evangeline tightens the collar around my neck with her fingers moving ,the metal too tight to bear.
MAGNETRON
I gasp for air. There comes none.
"Evangeline. That's enough. "Maven roars and the metals loosen around my skin,letting me gasp for air." Did I tell you to do that?"He questions angrily.
She tilts her head.
"Then you'll be a fool to cross my orders again ."
"Now back to..."he says,letting go of his anger.
The doors in the other side slide open and the begs of a girl get in the way of his speech.
"Mare...!"She screams, "please help me!"she begs.
My tears slide down my cheeks.
He's got her.
"Gisa!!!"I scream for her.
Ptolemus follows behind her,throwing her in front of Maven ."Where there's a king. You don't ask mercy of a dog."he roars.
Gisa falls on the floor,her sobbings stop to look at Maven,who's looking down at her coldly from his throne.
"Hello to you too, little sister of Mare's! I'm Maven !"he says smiling at her like she's a sheep.
She is ,considering they're the wolves.
And he is certainly the Alpha.
"You can call me your highness. "He continues, watching me from under his eyes.
"I beg you Maven."I plead,feeling pethatic, "I beg you. I'll do anything you order . Just let her go."
I look at her again. Her eyes ,scared. Tiny bruises all over his cheeks and neck.
"Mare. I love you. Don't sell yourself for me. Please"She says bravely.
I'm already sold.
"What a happy family reunion."Maven says.
"Now comes a question. "He says to me," What are you going to do to save her ?"

You will bring Cal to me on a stick on your own will. He had said.

"Please."I beg,"Just let her go. I'm here. Just do it to me. Torture me. Do anything to me. Just let her go."
Maven tilts his head in disagreement.
"You see ,Mare, I'll give you two weeks.
You have just two weeks to bring my dear brother to me. Or I'll..."he trails of ,glancing at Gisa like she's his launch. He smirks.

How thoughtfull of Maven to throw me back in my cell to consider my options ...
"You shouldn't do it."Gisa says,her head resting back on the wall,"Cal is the only one who can get that monster off of the throne. I will gladly die If it meant this country, our family, YOU would have a future. "
I thought so ,too . I thought we could win.
But the truth, the one which is now too late to learn is that, We can never or will ever win.
"Did he hit you?"I ask wearily.
"Does it matter?"She asks.
I slowly move forward to inspect her bruises, ignoring the pain all over my body.
"Did... did he..."I take her chin up.
My blood boils.
"Did Ptolemus t..touch you?"
She stares at me,her eye glassy.
"Did he?"I shout.
She shivers,remembering the memory.
When she nods her head slowly, I knew I've been stabbed in the heart.
I sit in silence, because I know he'll come.
I know I'll do as he asks.

It felt like an eternity,seeing Gisa like this. I destroyed her once again.
That's what I always do.
Hurt the people I love.
The guards finally arrive,The magnetrons open the cell.
"Say your good byes ,Mare."Maven suddenly appears.
Too late.
They take her,pulling her away from me.
"I'll save you. I will."I say as she disappears .
I stare at her trail,choosing to ignore Maven.
"You knew."I whisper,"You let Ptolemus do that to her."
He shrugges ,coming closer to the bars,"You know ,Mare.... I'm the master. They're the dogs. Sometimes I just loosen their leashes, I let them bark."

"I'll do it."I say, on the verge of tears,"Just don't let him touch her. I beg you."
He nods.
He holds out something to me. Something like a small box .
I take it,our fingers brushing slightly. His touch brings the pain back. I step back.
"We'll be in touch. "He smirks,turning on his heels to leave.
He never looks back.
The box is a small pager.
The first words suddenly appear on it as I sit in the corner of the truck , The device buzzes.

Just so you know,you can't take the collar off. Well ,you can but It will leave you in the same familiar pain for good.
Maven

And I'm thrown in the mud  without any handcuffs.
I don't botter getting up, I just want to close my eyes and die.

"Mare!!!!"Someone screams.
I know that someone very well.
He's the person I'm supposed to surrender to Maven. In two weeks.
Cal.

A/N:
Thank you guys! Thank you so much for reading this! Please comment and vote and share this story with your friends.
I'll be updating soon🙆
Love you all...