Things Change But Love Doesn't

I groan as my alarm rings, hearing Dom chuckles beside me.

"How long till you think they-"

"Mommy, Daddy wake up." He was cut off by two small voices that got closer as they tackled us on our bed.

"Good morning Saphy and Essy." I say, pulling the twins into a big hug before tickling them, Dom joining me and making them squeel and laugh.

"Guess what?" Saphira asks and I smile.

"Hmm, is their a project at school that needs to be done?" I guess playfully.

"Nooooo." The two girls say together giggling.

"Is there a new show you wanna watch?" Dom asks, playing along.

"Nooooooooo." They say again, pouting.

"Okay, what?" Me and Dom ask our daughters together, leaning forward.

"We're six today." They cheer happily, jumping on the bed.

"Six, wow you two are growing up so fast." I say pretenting to be shocked.

"Okay, how about you give Mommy and Daddy a few minutes to get dressed and we will make you a special breakfast." Dom says and I watch them squeel in dight and rush out of the room.

"Peace at last." I sigh, laying back down.

"Not for long, this house will be filled with kids soon." Dom says, leaning over me and kissing me lovingly.

"I know." I sigh when we pull apart, getting dressed and ready for the day.
I made the girls their favourite pancakes which happen to by my favourite, tripple chocolate chip banana pancakes and a measuring cup of melted mint chocolate to pour ontop.

After breakfast we decorated the house and soon the party was in full swing.

All the pups from the pack were here and I was glad to have the other parents help keep an eye as we have adult conversations with children running around.

Being a parent was the best feeling in the world and as we carry the sleeping girls who looked exactly the same, both sharing the best features me and Dom have, to their room, I smile and snuggle into my mate.

Watching them sleep.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too, you and our three children."

"We only have two." He states confused and I smile, placing his hand on my stomach.

"Surprise." I say with Jazz hands, his face of utter shock before i was lifted into his arms.

"If you keep doing this to me very time we have kids i swear youll give me a heart attack." Dome growls playfully before kissing me and carrying me to our room.

We spent the night in each others arms as we celebrated the good news, waking up early with a special breakfast and telling the girls that they will be big sisters soon, watching them bounce around happy. I told them they could help decorate the baby's room and pick out clothes and they couldn't wait.

I was happy. I had a family, a great pack and a place to belong.