15

Get Return (book 4 of the Ascension series) on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J25YJ7C

Kita woke up to a pain in her ear and the sensation of being jerked out of the bed

Kita woke up to a pain in her ear and the sensation of being jerked out of the bed. She tried to say something to Sarin who had started screaming through there connection, but the connection was broken before she could say anything. Still very much asleep she only caught glimpses of the world around her. Sleeping connected was incredible, but also made waking from it very harder. Gurney wheels, lab coats, and medical equipment went by in snapshot style imagery.

Pushed through a door, she landed in a heap in the hallway across the hall from the medical ward. Shaking her head trying to gain focus, the voice came through clear as a bell.

"Commandant Kita I don't care if this is your station. I will not put up with those kinds of shenanigans in my ward. This is a hospital and a place of healing. A high level of professionalism is expected by our patients and I am charged with maintaining the standards to meet those expectations. Commandant Sarin is here to rest and recover. When she is released you are free to do whatever unsavory acts you like somewhere else on the station."

Kita slowly stood up glaring at the head nurse. Not taking her eyes off the woman, she put her bandana back over her eyes. Her lip curled into a snarl as her fists clenched into tight balls. Her breathing came in short rapids bursts, blasting from her nose like an angry bull.

"Someone please get to the medical ward entrance right NOW before Kita destroys it." Omega yelled over the open airwaves.

The first responder hobbled as fast as he could through the door and frowned when he saw the two women squared off against one another.

"Nurse Appleton, what is going on?" Casa barked.

He didn't wait for an answer, he planted himself between them. He looked at Kita's broiling rage and took a deep breath.

"You let me handle her, alright? Don't do anything we all might regret."

Kita didn't respond, but didn't do anything either.

"What happened Nurse?" Casa demanded.

Nurse Appleton composed herself.

"I caught Commandant Kita and Commandant Sarin in bed together. That is totally against the policies of the ward. I will not tolerate her making a mockery of the ward with such outlandish and perverted behavior."

Above them a light exploded as the surfaces around Kita began to radiate warmly.

"We discussed this once all ready." Casa barked.

"Yes and see what it's led to? They feel that the ward is their own private bordello."

"Kita!" Nina called flying up to her.