5

Get Breakout (Book 5 of the Ascension series) on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096Y2W1W3

The next morning three ears were pressed to Tina's door

The next morning three ears were pressed to Tina's door. Snowy, Kita, and Sarin tried hard to stifle their giggles as not to arouse suspicion. After their own long night, they'd gotten up early to see who Tina had spent the night with.

Hearing footsteps to the door they jumped away. Turning invisible, Kita scooped Snowy up in her arms and wrapped her wings around her. Sarin did the same and pressed up against them to make sure Snowy was hidden. Together they watched and waited.

"Oh my bloody stars..." Snowy whispered excitedly.

Amber opened the door and stuck her head out. Checking both directions and seeing the hallway clear, she bolted toward her room to get a fresh uniform and clean up. She yawned as she hurried, they hadn't slept much.

"And her I thought she was with one of the visiting staffers." Kita laughed.

"Clever little bitch," Sarin applauded.

"Why do you say that?"

"She must have been eyeing Tina from the start. The use of her ex to come sit with us was good. Then to get us to clean her up for her date, very nice. And then to snag Tina up with a "tour"."

"Wow, that's more planning than I think I could manage," Kita laughed.

The door opened and Tina came out in a hurry muttering about being late. She was still trying to do her hair while she was flying down the corridor. When she'd vanished from sight, the trio became visible.

"You know, this a rather awkward position if anyone where to find us like this." Snowy suggested.

"You must think I'm a lot more limber than I am," Kita laughed.

"Yeah, not all of us have putty for joints," Sarin giggled.

"I've seen you both bend in ways you probably didn't know you could bend." Snowy retorted.

Sarin and Kita laughed as they untangled from each other.

"Well, shall we take it slow and let our sister think she's not late because we were up all night?" Kita joked.

"I'd rather have been up all night doing it for real." Sarin commented.

Seeing Kita's dejected face, she quickly apologized, "we'll get there, I promise."

She hugged Kita and playfully nibbled her neck, causing Kita shiver.

"See you're getting better already." Sarin said gleefully.

Kita shrugged, maybe she was right.

Kita entered the packed conference room to the call of, "Commandant on deck". She found it weird to have even the commander's jump up for her. Though The Confederacy and Champagne were rather slow to do so, she noted. Snowy and Sarin strode in with her.