Remember (pt 2)

"Wakey wakey, (Y/N)-chan," Haise said, "we're going to the animal shelter today!" How Haise got his brilliant ideas, you never knew; but nonetheless, it was a great day. He and you spent it petting dogs, cats, rabbits and all other kinds of animals people just threw away. They were so sweet and so was he.

"You've got some dirt on your face," he mentioned before wiping it off gently with his thumb, his hand cupping your cheek at the same time. Feeling a blush arise, you smiled and thanked him, placing your hand on his and pulling it away slowly. Haise smiled brightly at you, his cheeks turning red as well.

The next day, he brought you to the library. It was nice but you found one tiny problem; your height. You weren't exactly tall but you weren't too short. However, for some reason in that library, all the books you wanted were on the highest shelves which you could only reach with your fingertips.

While you struggled, you heard a soft giggle from behind you. You turned your head around and glared at Haise has he tried to stifle his laughter. "Asshole." You mumbled, diverting your attention away from him and back to your book.

"Sorry, (Y/N)," he responded, feeling his mood drop when you ignored him completely. "(Y-"

Bam!

In your eternal struggle to get that one stupid book, you accidentally pushed it off the shelf and it fell onto your head. You groaned as your hand instinctively flew to your head, but before it could even touch injury, your felt arms wrapped around you and another hand rubbing your head gently.

"If you needed help you should've just asked," Haise whispered, his warm hand making your head feel much better. It was only then you noticed the position you were in; the two of you were sitting on the ground with Haise body enveloping yours, one of his arms around your form and another near your face, with his hand still caressing your head.

"Better?" He asked, the ghost of a smile on his face. Your heart was pounding so fast all you could do was nod. "Good," he replied, standing up before helping you to your feet by pulling you up by the hand. "Let's go," he said after you brushed yourself off. Haise led you out of the library, hand still gripping yours...
--
"(Y/N)?"

Shit.

Your body felt like a rock, stuck to the ground by the sheer force of gravity, unable to move an inch.

Haise looked at you, unable to process how he even guessed that you were the ghoul behind the mask. You see, Haise Sasaki, I knew it! A voice in his head shouted, it was his own, it's been (Y/N) all along! The woman you fell in love with so easily is a ghoul! "Shut up!" He yelled, arms wrapping around his own head as he attempted to silence the voices, echoes of his own voice. He fell to his knees and your heart twisted in your chest.

Kill her, Haise Sasaki. Kill her. Kill her. KILL HER! "NO!" He screamed, his head pulsed painfully as more and more voices began talking in his mind, all his own, but yet none were his own. "I can't..." He whispered to no one, "I can't kill her..."

But you have to! Or she'll kill you! Worthless, Haise! You're worthless! "I'm... worthless."
--
Your own thoughts ran wild as he battled his inner demons but one sentence caught your attention and you snapped out of your own thoughts.

"I'm... worthless."

"No!" You found yourself yelling, a flurry of emotions wrecked your soul. You were scared, angry, frustrated, and sad... Very sad. I won't be able to spend time with you anymore, Haise, after I do this one last thing for you...

I can see what's happening.
You ran towards him, hoping that he wouldn't kill you on the way.

Kaneki Ken, the boy who turned into a ghoul, is trying to return, isn't he?
You fell to your knees beside him, grabbing his hands and forcing the man to look at you.

I don't know what exactly happened, but I do know that Haise isn't going to be around forever... And I don't want him to leave but to live in pain like this without knowing what happened before that made you turn out this way... Is just...
"What're you doing?" He heaved, an animalistic look in his eyes, "can't you see I'm trying to save you?! Run! (Y/N)! Run while I hold him back! He's going to kill you if I don't!" Haise yelled at you, hoping that you'll catch on and just leave.

So sad.
"I'm saving you." You replied, a tinge of sadness laced your voice. You knew that Kaneki had to return so that Haise could leave in peace. Even if he didn't, and Haise and Kaneki merged into one, it would be better than this. Better than living like a person who doesn't know their own story. "You deserve to choose your own beginning and ending, Haise, at least in your next life" you pulled him towards you, "even if it means that remember the past will make you forget me, then so be it..."

"(Y/N)..." He whimpered, and for a moment, when your arms were around him, all the voices disappeared.

"I love you, Haise," you said, voice cracking, "I really do... That's why I'm going to bring Kaneki Ken back... This may not make sense... Even I can't make any sense out of it but I believe this is the only way to end your suffering... I love you, okay?

"Now fight me and stop hiding, Kaneki Ken, don't be a coward." You growled, your kagune stabbing him in the torso.

He pushed you off roughly and grinned, "my pleasure, (L/N)-san." Kaneki Ken felt a stab of anger in his chest as he recognised you from years before as a ghoul who sat comfortably in her seat as she watched him almost die in the hands of Tsukiyama Shuu.

End(?)