Pride

A/N: Hello and thanks for reading! This is just a summary chapter which I rushed through so that (Y/N) can meet Haise during this chapter at least, but worry not, as the rest of the story will have more emphasis on (Y/N)'s past and her future relationship with Haise ^_^ also, I have an AyatoXReader fanfic called "Forever My Human Girl" so please do check that out and thank you very much once more!
--
Tsukiyama Shuu took pride in raising you, the moment his father walked into the house carrying you when you were an infant, Shuu'd fallen in love with you. Not in a romantic way, he simply loved you as a sibling.

Your parents were highly-regarded in the ghoul community and were unfortunately killed by the CCG Investigators; thus, the Tsukiyama family felt compelled to take you in and raise you as their very own.
--
When you were ten, fifteen-year-old Shuu showed you how to release your kagune and looked on in pride as you did it effortlessly. Your kagune was just as everyone expected it to be, a beautiful combination of your mother's and father's. Your mother had Koukaku-type kagunes, two katana-like blades which protruded out from right below her shoulder blades. She was known as the Assassin Ghoul due to her very swift killing method. Your father, on the other hand, bore Rinkaku-type kagunes, they were leaf-shaped and he had a pair of them, resembling wings as they were rooted to his lower-back.

Shuu marveled at how wonderful you looked with your mother's blades and your father's shields, he picked you up and hugged you affectionately, "you're doing great, (Y/N)," he said.
--
When you were fifteen, Shuu brought you to a prestige-looking shop that sold ghoul masks in secret, he showed you an array of masks he handpicked and let you choose the one you liked most. While looking through them, you noticed one that resembled his very much, except that it was entirely black.

Shuu teared up joyfully when you picked that mask.
--
When you were seventeen, Shuu brought you to his Ghoul Restaurant for the first time to savor the taste of a fellow ghoul who he'd met a while ago. You wore your mask and a dress that Matsumae chose for you and you sat in the VIP seat, watching the events unfold in front of you. The boy was rather cute, you would've wanted to befriend him if you brother wasn't trying to kill him for his dinner. Luckily, the boy was revealed to be one-eyed with ignited the greed in Shuu enough for him to stop the event.

'Perhaps, if fate lets us, we shall meet and become friends.' You thought.
--
When you were twenty, you crossed the road without looking and was tackled by a man who dashed across the road without thinking to save your life.

"Are you okay, Miss?" Your savior held out his hand and offered to help you up. You gratefully took it and was pleasantly surprised when he lifted you up with no problem at all.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you-" you looked at him, shocked, "have we met?"

"No," the white and black haired man said, "I don't believe so."

"Well, then, would you like to? Meet up again sometime?" You asked bravely. "My name's (Y/N) (L/N), what's yours?"

"Haise Sasaki. And yes, I wouldn't mind meeting you again sometime."