Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever

Start from the beginning

"Students, we have a new student. Her name is Wendy, be nice." The principal left the room, and I just awkwardly stood in front of everyone.

"So, Wendy. What school did you just come from?" The teacher asked as she stood up.

I began to sweat. "Um, I don't remember." I said looking at my shoes. The class laughed.

"You don't remember, hmm?" The teacher said sarcastically.

"Y-yeah. You see, I just woke up from a coma, a-and don't remember anything." I said looking up at her.

"Sure, and I was born yesterday." The class busted laughing again.

I turned red. "No, really-"

"Now, Mrs. Darlington, I don't care if it is your first day, anymore mouth from you, and your out." She spit in my face.

I sighed.

"You can sit back there by Kadence." A girl with short brown hair and bright green eyes waved at me. I quickly went to sit next the girl.

As I sat down the teacher started talking about history I think. I can remember everything about that, but not about myself.

I rested my head on my hand and sighed.

"Don't worry about Mrs. Renae. She's always like that." The girl, Kadence, said.

"Lucky me then." I said rolling my eyes.

"You know, I heard you were the Mayors daughter. Is it true?" I gave her a funny look.

"No." I quickly said. She looked let down.

"But I know I saw her drop you off." She said, energy suddenly pumped back in her.

Rolling my eyes I gave in." Shes like, my guardian or something. When I woke up from my coma, she was there for me. And as Mayor she was placed as my guardian, since my parents are dead." I said quickly and with a smile.

"Oh, well that's a bummer." She said scrunching her nose up.

"Why, because my parents are dead."

"Well that, and you got stuck with the Mayor." She was unknowingly bouncing her leg.

"Well, she's not that bad."

"Hey, can I ask you a random question?" Her leg finally stopped.

I nodded with my eyes on the board. I wasn't doing any work, but I didn't want to face the rath of Mrs. Renae. 

"Do you wanna go to a party?" Kadence said, catching my attention.

"What? Why would I do that? It's Monday!" I whispered.

She leaned back in her chair. "I know. Just tell Mayor it's a study thing to catch up on school stuff you missed or whatever." Once I thought about it ,it wasn't that bad of a plan. And maybe I could use a party to loosen up.

"Alright, I'll go." I said slowly.

"Yay! I'll pick you up at seven. Don't worry, everyone knows we're the Mayor lives." She said with a wide smile.

"Great."

After that classes were just classes. I met one more person, her name was Cameron, she told me she was also coming.

I was picked up and surprisingly, Mills believed it! I was in. All I had to do was get ready.

As I was putting on mascara, my name was called. "Wendy! Kadence is here!" Mayor Mills yelled from down stairs.