Lauren shook her head and suppressed the urge to laugh at or mock Camila. "No, it's a semi crappy Chinese Restaurant about 3 blocks from here. But they make excellent Kung Pao Chicken. You'll love it. Why don't you relax and read a bit. I know you don't like the TV and I'll order the chicken and make some other arrangements. Until I call you, stay put in the bedroom. Please."

"Arrangements?"

Lauren smirked and walked into the kitchen. "That would be telling. Sorry, can't help you. Please check your number and try again."

Camila just shook her head. She had seen a few minutes of the TV here and there, but didn't quite like it. Sadly what she saw was, a few minutes of the Kardashian reality show, which is enough to turn anyone off of television, permanently.

So Camila, read for a while in the bedroom while Lauren ran around the apartment and occasionally out the door. Other than an occasional "Where in the fuck is that or god damn it." Lauren said nothing. Camila made a mental note to speak to Lauren about her language.

"Can I come out now?" Camila said after half an hour.

"NO!" Was the only reply.

Sensing it was a special occasion, Camila did pick out a nice dress and snuck into the bathroom to wash up and make herself presentable. Her mother would always stress that it is proper to dress and clean-up for dinner, especially when it was special occasion.

Just after she snuck back into the bedroom, Lauren appeared in the doorway. Upon seeing Camila's dress, she smiled. "You look pretty, but you didn't have to dress up."

Camila blushed, "I wanted to."

Lauren took her hand, "Come with me."

Camila followed Lauren out the door and up the stairs to the roof. In the far corner there was a card table with a nice table cloth and a nice place setting for two. In addition to that some multi colored Christmas lights had been strung on a few poles giving it a festive look. On a small box was a boom box playing some soft music.

Camila was most impressed by the effort and the smell of the food was wonderful. "Thank you Lauren." She said as she threw her arms around Lauren and kissed her.

"Our first real dinner as a couple and I wanted to at least make it something special. Come on let's eat."

The couple sat down and for the very first time Camila at Chinese food, which she loved. Just the exotic nature of eating such strange food was a thrill, but she loved her Kung Pao chicken and shrimp fried rice. Of course the dinner was very romantic and Camila couldn't be happier.

The pair had a wonderful romantic diner, where Lauren talked about Florida and what it was like back home.

"I remember you talking about sunsets. How beautiful they are." Camila said between bites.

"I hate the beach, I hate the sun, but I love the sunset at the beach. It's quiet, most of the annoying people have gone and its' quiet. I sit and watch the colours in the sky as the sun set's in the sea. It feels magical."

"I'd very much like to see that."

Lauren smiled and took Camila's hand. "I'd very much like to show you."

As soon as dinner ended Lauren stood up and went to the boom box. "I was thinking about music and how we could find perhaps a compromise and I found a song that is from a year that is almost exactly halfway between 2016 and 1945. It's a popular song and you may just like it. As I said, a compromise."

"Ooohh...Play it please." Camila said happily.

Lauren hit the button and the slow sound of Glen Millers 1939 song, Moonlight Serenade, began to play.