Little Hawkeye visits

When Natasha entered the common room she almost burst out laughing, Steve and Bruce were lying on the floor with Lucky and smiling like the devil as the dog attacked his face with slobbery kisses. Key word was almost, she would've busted a gut if it wasn't for Lucky's very anxious owner sitting in the centre of the couch. Kate's face was painted with a worry that Natasha had only seen in the faces of parents when their kids were missing or in the face of Coulson when either Clint or her didn't radio in every six hours on missions.

"Kate?" Natasha said trying to keep her tone light. "What's up?"

"Natasha, good to finally talk to someone with more than one brain cell." Kate nodded over at Tony, who had sat down to be attacked by dog kisses along with Steve.

"Don't do pets, huh Tony?" Natasha thought dryly.

"Nice to see you too, but why are you here?" She said to Kate.

Kate's face relapsed into worried parent. "It's Clint, I know he's alive."

Natasha suddenly understood the worried look, Kate wanted to go looking for Clint. "Look Kate, we, we've tried to find him-"

Kate cut her off. "No, I know where Clint is, and Bucky."

"What?" All four Avengers stared slack jawed at Kate.

"He showed up at his..... my apartment last night. Bucky and him were planning to come here to break in and do a little research. Try and figure out if you guys would want them back, personally I think they were scared of you guys hating them and wanting nothing to do with them. Which I think is completely stupid for them to think, but anyway, Clint said they would probably be back by morning if everything goes well and they didn't show up. So they have to be here."

"They aren't here, we weren't notified of any break ins." Steve said only for Tony to interrupt.

"Wellllll, technically that isn't true. SHIELD did notify me of a break in about an hour ago, but they told me it was just a few smarter than average rouge hydra agents, that they had detained them and would update the security. No need for us to worry." Tony looked a bit sheepish, "I was going to check into it, I just didn't think it was that did of a deal if SHIELD had already taken care of it and they hadn't stolen anything."

Kate had a look of horror. "You don't think that there could've been another break in and they don't really have Clint and Bucky detained?"

"Not likely." Bruce growled. "J.A.R.V.I.S. pull up the lab security footage from last night."

In a second the television flicked on and a black and white image filled the screen. It didn't take a rocket scientist to recognize the two men on the screen.

Clint and Bucky were in deep conversation, both men had a look of fear and caged animal on their faces. For a moment neither men moved, then Bucky's hand went to his gun pulling it out. But what he did shocked the entire room, he turned and offered the handle to Clint. With stunned eyes Steve watched Clint take the gun and raise it level with Bucky's head.

He's going to kill Bucky. Steve thought in horror. He turned his head, he couldn't watch this. Steve Rodgers couldn't watch his teammate, a person he had spent months looking for,blow his best friend's brain out.

Natasha on the other hand, couldn't look away. Unlike her teammates she knew the look in Clint's eyes, he thought he was screwed. Clint was going to pull the trigger, but she knew he wouldn't. Clint's heart was too big, he wasn't heartless, he wasn't anything like herself.

Kate, seated next to Natasha, was mirroring her expression, except she was even more sure than Natasha that Clint wouldn't kill Bucky. She had seen how close they had grown, Clint would shoot himself before he would dare to pull the trigger at Bucky.

And she was right, seconds before SHIELD agents flooded the laboratory, Clint brought the gun down on Bucky's temple, knocking him out cold. Clint only had a moment to drop the gun before a drop hit him in the neck and he crumpled like a buff rag doll.

After that everything seemed to move at warp speed. SHIELD agents swarmed the room, one firing at Clint and clipping him in the neck with a dart. Clint crumpled to the ground and Natasha cringed,she had helped with the design in those darts, the drugs inside them could knock a man out before he hit the ground. Within two minutes the agents had handcuffed both Bucky and Clint, then drug them out of view of the camera. Most likely loading them into vans bound for SHIELD headquarters.

For a moment the avengers and Kate stared at the empty image of Tony's lab. It seemed have all happened in seconds, Clint and Bucky were there, then they were gone again. Disappearing like a magician's assistant at a Las Vegas act. Tony reached for the remote and shut off the television, silently wishing he could've shut off that moment and stopped his teammate from being captured.

Kate was the first to speak. " We have to get Clint and Bucky back, now."

Steve, Tony and Bruce nodded silently in agreement.

But Natasha gave Kate a look that reminded her of the stare her mother used to give her if she missed curfew.

"Yes we will find a way to get Clint and Bucky back, but first you need to go back home." Natasha said in a no nonsense tone.

"What!" Kate burst out. "No way. I won't stay home like a useless damsel while you guys free my closest friend."

Natasha was having none of this.
"Kate do you have any idea what Clint would do to me if any of us let you get within a mile of SHIELD? He would skin us alive and hang us up by our toes! You're like a little sister to him, he wouldn't want you anywhere near SHIELD's grimy paws. Especially with your talent for archery."

Kate didn't look very pleased so Steve took that as his turn to intervene.

"I promise we'll phone you and update you with whatever happens, and you can drop by the tower whenever you want if you want an update in person. Is that better?"

Kate still wasn't overly pleased, but she nodded anyway and stood up. "Come on Lucky, let's go home and raid Clint's kitchen again."

Lucky followed her with his tail wagging, barking excitedly when Kate mentioned Clint. Boy was he going to be disappointed when he got home to a Hawkeye-less apartment.

As the elevator dinged shut Natasha rose to her feet.

"So anybody got a plan to get our boys back?"

A/N) I feel very bad for making this chapter so short, but it is more of a filler so I promise the next chapter will be more eventful. Sorry for any mistakes or plot errors, I honestly don't have an excuse for them anymore. But my schedule is very packed with basketball, my school's science fair, my math unit test and a social chapter test so I'm also sorry if updates become sporadic.

As always please vote and comment. I love hearing your opinions on chapters, what can be improved and what you loved. Also if you have any ideas on what should happen next, please tell me them!

Thanks!
Brokenrook