I Walk Alone

a new story that im working on, its set in the same world as city Mutt, so the charters will be crossed over at times, and the events in one book will also affect the stuff going on in the other. :D this is gonna be fun!! 

BTW, the song over there  (------------->>>>>) is one of the ones that inspired me to write this story. that and evanescence but i can only put one. ironic song tho huh??

Prologue 

the cold wind blew around me as i walked along the dark alleyway, blood was dripping from the wound on my arm and chest, but i didn't dare let myself collapse, even though my vision was beginning to haze.  i kept walking, leaving a trail of blood behind me that i knew would lead my enemies right too me soon, i was too tired to care right now though . all that mattered now was that i make sure that my team is safe, after all, we lost. all that we can do is to stay alive. 

soon the alley opened up to the main roads, but i slipped into a side path, keeping to the shadows as i struggled to make it to the rondeview point.

the grease from the walls i was leaning on to stay upright was coating in my hair, so instead of silvery-white like how it normally looked like, its was a mix of red and brownish colours- blood and dirt. i am quite proud of my hair, so this pissed me off. it might be strange for a guy of my work to be worried about his hair, but from where i came from, silver was a rare colour to have- in the traditions of our clan we honoured the silver fur of the wolf, as it was said that one of the first wolves had fur like metal and so became the guardian of our clan, and that those who also came to have silver hair were said to have been touched by the great wolf god who looked over our clan. 

i looked up at the sky and wondered if that were true, if the wolf god of metal had really looked over my clan. and if i had been given a gift from the spirits, but perhaps the more appropriate term for it was curse. 

"Hades!!" 

my names echoed through the night,  causing the dark shadow that had been looming over me to lighten a bit. so, they are safe, for now at least. its probably not the best idea that i had to meet up with them- they too are  injured and if the enemy are  following  the blood that is pouring out of me we do not stand a second chance. as i emerged out of the shadows i noticed that our numbers had lessened. instead of 10 like how we had started out this mission with it seems like only 6 (including myself) had survived. 

"Boss, im relived that you are alive. we had been worried that you would not return." Banshee said as he stood up to great me, his red hair burning in the torch light. I stepped forward and smacked him, causing him to reel back from the force of it. 

"How dare you show such lack of faith in your leader. I may be younger than most of you but do not under estimate me!" 

Banshee lowered his head in shame while i looked over the remaining members of our team.the twins Kaaji and Nomad were still here, even though it seems that Kaaji has lost his arm and Nomad is severely wounded.  Kieran , other than a slash across the side of his head and some scratches to his left leg, seemed to be ok.  Raven had gotten away almost unharmed, with only a few slashes on her arms and hand. Banshee on the other hand was covered in wounds. 

I sighed, but I was grinning on the inside. At least they had proven to me that they are worthy of the ranks we had lost in the battle just fought. I thought about the members who had died. They had fought greatly but it looks like that will never be enough. Still, I am going to miss Nyoka. He had been a great Allie and would have made a splendid right-hand man. 

The sound of sirens broke through the night, meaning that the enemy were on our trail yet again. "listen up! I know that all of you have fought hard tonight, and are indeed worthy members of the Mafia. But this is where our paths must split.  Because if they catch us all that we have fought for up till now would have been for nothing. "  I looked from each member of my team to the other smiling sadly as I did. This will probably be the last time I will see them I while i'm alive. "I will be the decoy while you escape. Its only fair that i trade my life for the ones that i have taken from this Team. " 

"WHAT!? You didn't kill any of them! They were willing to lay down their lives to the cause. " Raven exclaimed. 

I shook my head, still wearing that sad smile of mine " It was my fault for dragging everyone into this. and I won't allow anymore blood to be spilled from my comrades if there is a way around it. Now go!!" 

 I took my gun out of its holder thingy and fired a shot into the sky. Its not like any normal gun- it fires fragment of my soul instead of normal bullets. Then I looked at the remaining members of my team. they began to escape into the shadows when they saw that I was  serious. 

" May we meet again in death, my friends" I called after them. 

Then I turned back to where the first of the enemy was coming from, and prepared for what would await me. Be it prison or hell. 

______________________________________________________________________________

here are some character profiles:

Name: Hades

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Weapon: Juudaime- a gun that shoots fragments of its users soul.

Name: Raven

Age: 27

Gender: Female

Weapon: Akuji- a kind of whip that has electric currents running through it. 

Name: Banshee

Age: 24

Gender: Male

Weapon: Soul Keeper- a kind of Magic that is able to steal the souls from those who hear it. also is able to control people for a certain period of time. 

Name: Kieran

Age: 30

Gendre: Male

Weapon: Satan- a huge black wolf that is released from Kierans soul. 

Name: Kaaji

Age: 16 1/2

Gender: Male

Weapon: Ripper- a kind of sword that gives illusions of fear and death to the person that it strikes, however it can not end a persons life no matter what kind of damage it gives out. can only mortally wound those and leave them to die on their own. 

Name: Nomad

Age: 16 1/2

Gender: Male

Weapon: Shun- a mist that comes from the palm of his hand, its like poison  to those that he wishes it. also, if they are under his control, he is able to see into their minds.