.2.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

The Chosen One, Picked by The Fates cold Hands

________________________________________________________________________________

A man with golden locks that shined like the sun appeared in the room in seconds. The golden tanned skinned male peered over to the one who called his name in confusion and perhaps a hint of irritation. The other man just nod his head to the unconscious mortal who has passed out in pain. The man's eyes followed and became wide as he stared down at her broken but lovely figure. She was beautiful, more so than the normal mortal standards but is in very horrendous health and by the looks of it, has been for years.

He knew for certain if she was not treated soon she would die. And something told him, if she were to die, problems would arise in the severity. So uncaring to the possible or should he say most likely occurrence of problems he will gain. He picked her up softly he nodded to the other and vanished into a kingdom of pure glistening white and gold.

Quickly running with the girl in arms he stopped in front of a table made of glistening marble. Lying her down softly he got to work on healing her. Slowly her skin became brighter, an oddity he decided to pointedly ignore. As he continued on with his healing, slowly she no longer carried any dark circles under her eyes, the skin tightened and no longer sunk in. Altogether her skin became plush and healthy. Her broken ribs went back to place along with her fractured wrists and ankles. The scars and cuts slowly healed and the bruises left her. And her fragile bones strengthened. Now that she was no longer in harm's way he left her to sleep.

With grace he sat on a marble seat and thought for a few moments before his uncle appeared before him. "What happened to that mortal girl?" He asked out to Hermes, his half-brother who called on him to save the Mortal girl's life. "She was beaten by her now deceased father. His soul is now in the boundaries of the Field of Punishment even though I greatly wish to throw him directly in Tartarus for doing such things to his own daughter." Hermes snarled to himself before sighing sadly.

With a nod the other- Hermes came to sat with his younger sibling. Knowing exactly what his brother and best friend wished to ask, as it wasn't normal that he would inquire help to heal someone, a mortal at that. "She saw me. I was invisible to all other humans but she. She saw me. Do you suppose she's the one the fates have told us about?"

Apollo looked at Hermes in bewilderment. "She-she saw you?" Apollo nearly stuttered, bewildered in trying to understand the meaning of what that inquired. With a slight nod from Hermes they sat in silence. They both began to think of what this odd occurrence meant, what will happen next, and what change will be made. That is when they both came to a silent agreement. They will hold a meeting of this encounter. This was all far too unnatural. Never has a mortal been capable of seeing Hermes as he left to gather the deceased.

Quickly Hermes jumped up and with a wave of goodbye he vanished to continue his very busy work. But Apollo was not surprised from this, he had more important matters to take care of after all. And that mortal girl, what ifs buzzed around his head. What if she was the girl of that prophecy? It was a large possibility, and would explain why she could see Hermes.

But if so then he must be sure of it. He wishes not to see his uncle in such misery as he was when she destroyed his heart. If he could contribute to the mental healing of his Uncle, then he will do so gladly. And so standing he made his way to the mortal. Lying almost motionlessly the girl breathed in and out softly. Now that she was healed she even looked like a goddess.

But he could sense her innocence from here. And all the goddesses. His sisters, cousins, and aunts. They were all not innocent. Most have seen bloodshed. And have toyed with other beings men and women alike even Hera has done so. She- this mortal girl has done none of it. And it was actually nice to know there was at least one being around that was pure in spirit. She radiated light. But now that he studied it further- it felt dim. And because of that he could tell she has suffered much grief and she blames herself for it.

Sighing softly he came closer to the sleeping mortal. He slightly slide down her over-sized sweater down to see her bare right-shoulder. And what he saw made him swell with happiness. A sun shaped birthmark. The exact birthmark that belongs to the one who shall save him. His uncle from his own darkness. He smiled brightly then left her to her peace. In time, things will work out wonderfully, this he knew as he felt it course through him in confidence.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Like?--

(Dislike?--

Please Comment!

Love, Kisacatdemon

860 words

Re-Edited: May 15, 2018

(Don't own picture--supposed to be Apollo)