six

Liam was a dork, to say at the least. Appearing as intimidating as he may, with his broad chest and- holy fuck his muscles, Zayn had the pleasure of texting with the brunette hunk, and that, was enough to change his perspective about the latter.

Liam: aha knock knock!!

Zayn: who's there? (:

Liam: Orange!!!

Zayn: Orange who? (:

Liam: Orange u glad m taking u 2 the carnival!!?

Zayn: Liam (:

Liam: :-D!!

Zayn: Shut up (:

Liam: ):!!

So, yes, as silly and petty the idea may seem, Zayn's jittery nerves were somehow soothed by the fact that Liam was a dork who couldn't muster up a good sense of humor even if his life depended on it.

Huffing out what seemed to be the fifth sigh in the last two minutes, Zayn stood in front of the mirror as he fixed up his hair. He was dressed simply- some tight ass black jeans with Liam's sweater (he hoped Liam would notice.)- and yet, he was still feeling underdressed.

'It's just a carnival, dimwit.' Zayn thought as he slid on his VANS, running a hand through his hair as to not make it seem as if it were too neat. He was desperate at heart, yes, but he would be damned enough to show it.

When the bell rang, Zayn had to hold in a scream, successfully managing to only let out a low pitched squeal instead. Bounding across his tiny living room, Zayn stashed his phone and wallet into his pocket before exhaling slowly. He stood face to face with the door and as soon as the cold brass of the knob twisted, opening the door to reveal a sex God in stupid suspenders, Zayn felt like he was going to faint.

Of course, he didn't. Well, not physically at least. Internally, he was groaning like a dying whale diagnosed with severe constipation.

"H-Hi!" Zayn stammered, shutting the door behind him, "I-I uh like your suspenders!"

Liam gave him a smile and Zayn turned into mush. 'He has a shitty sense of humor underneath that sexy ass façade, Zayn, don't you fucking dare get a boner.' Zayn reminded himself, trying not to look at the set of plump lips when Liam opened them.

"Thanks. I decided to dress up as Louis' wardrobe malfunction from a few years ago. You look great-- wait, hey, is that my sweater?"

"Is it?" Zayn released a nervous chuckle, trying to feign innocence as he tugged at the hem of the baggy sweater, "I was wondering why it had gotten so big. We uh must've swapped?"

"Yeah!" Liam grinned brightly, "Must've. Come over tomorrow and we can switch them back?"

Maybe, Zayn was hesitant but he let out a dubious nod. Hey, at least he could visit Liam's house with a valid excuse.

"So, how do I really look?" Liam teased. He was smug and proud, Zayn knew that Liam knew he looked good. Egotistical hottie.

Nevertheless, Zayn bit his bottom lip as he observed Liam dressed in a white shirt strapped with red suspenders, a huge brown coat thrown over the top with a scarf wrapped tightly across his neck. He looked like the epitome of a single father who was miraculously structured like a Greek God. Daddy, for sure.

"You look great, uhm more than just that, honestly." Zayn admitted, blushing and looking away when Liam cooed and pressed a huge kiss against his cheek before engulfing his hand with his own.