Converse Sneeks and Vampire Teeth Chapter 2: Fangs

Start from the beginning

"So I take it you like vampires?"

"How'd you figure that out?" I asked bewildered, this kid is getting more and more like Edward Cullen, and I like it!

"Oh I noticed your fangs. And most of us do like vampires. But judging from the note Ember wrote you, he thinks it's freaky."

"Wow you're good! Ember isn't your typical dark person he's quite bubbly and tries to make everybody laugh; he's also gay. But yea, I love vampires they're my favourite subject."

"That's cool. Wait a minute... did you just say that he is gay, or you think he's gay?"

"I said he is gay... he has a boyfriend and everything!"

"Oh... that's cool."

"Yea... you must like them a lot too, vampires I mean." I was trying not to offend him or something.

"Oh yea? How do you figure that?" he said in a playful tone.

"Well for one you're the one who brought the subject up, and you have fangs." I said playing right back.

"Well you're pretty observant aren't you?" he said with a chuckle. I smiled up at him.

"I try."

"I guess you could say I'm obsessed with them. Back in California we used to role play like we were vampires, kind like a big game of pretend." He said with a far off look in his eyes. He laughed a little, and I wondered if he was remembering an inside joke... or a girlfriend.

"Oh that's cool, there's only a couple of enthusiasts here, but we've never done anything like that before, sounds like fun!"

"Quite dangerous though, nothing I would want to start here." He said with an authority in his voice. How does he read my mind like that? Surely he's not a vampire... it's not possible. Before I knew it we were at building two. He followed me to where I sit; he's lucky there's always an empty desk behind me! Suddenly there was a note on my desk.

Jade

It was from my cousin and best friend Chalice. I opened it.

Hey who is the hottie following you? You two look like a match made in hell... in a good sense.

I wrote back.

The "hottie" following me is Jewel. He's from California and he's amazing!

As I finished a sub walked through the door. So I balled it up and slid it down the row to Chalice. She caught it and put it into her pocket for after the sub's lecture.

"Nice!" I heard in my ear. It was Jewel. I turned halfway around and he gave me a little high five. His skin was freezing and hard as stone... coincidence.

"Ok boys and girls this is going to be a study hall seeing as Mr. Adams is out." She had a high squeaky voice and kind of valley girlish and as soon as she spoke I recognized her as the varsity cheerleading coach. God I hate her and she hates me! Well not me in particular, just dark kids in general. One time at a football game (during the national anthem!) my little brothers set fire to their pom-poms while they were in the bucket! I thought it was hysterical... dad didn't. "You are allowed to move around, but if it gets too loud I will be forced to make it a silent study hall!" there were a bunch of shrugs and ok's and then everyone started to move desks around and stuff, utter chaos! Just then Chalice came up and sat by me, she had on flared jeans and a loose top, her long brown hair fell in waves around her shoulders.

"Hello there." She smiled.

"Hey."

"So are you gonna introduce me or what?"