You're Calum

reading through all the messages on my message board asking me why I haven't updated like

39

You're Calum

My heart is literally drumming inside my chest and even though I'm trying to appear like I'm not mentally freaking the fuck out, I can't stop myself when I scramble over the middle console over to the passenger's side; practically throwing myself out of the car.

My fingers absentmindedly shut the door, and then I turn so that I'm staring at him over the hood of my car. His hair has grown since I last saw him at the hospital and small wisps of wavy, chestnut brown hair hang around his forehead.

I let my eyes gaze down his body -- well, as much as I can from behind the car -- and I look for anything that might be a danger to me. There's a pair of black sunglasses hanging from the collar of his black long sleeved shirt, and he's holding a bottle of blue Gatorade, but other than that -- nothing.

Still, I take another step back; cautious.

For some reason, he finds my uncertainty hilarious, and with a wide grin he holds both his hands up in surrender; casually stating, "Trust me, it's not as creepy as you think."

Not as creepy as I think? Him knowing my name in the hospital was not as creepy as I had thought. He was, after all, a nurse. But him now showing up where I lived? Creepy was an understatement!

I let the words slowly sink into my mind, trying to somehow make sense of it all, but after repeating it for the third time silently to myself, I realize that I am infuriated. And I'm guessing he notices, because his smile slightly falters and he says, "Shit, you're mad, aren't you? OK, calm down and liste--"

My eyebrows furrow together and with a scowl on my face, I cross my arms and practically shout, "Calm down? Don't tell me to calm down! I don't even know you! What the hell are you doing here? How do you know where I live?"

"Just list--"

"No, answer me!"

A hand goes to his hair, ruffling it, and even though it's a statement meant only for his ears, I hear him anyway when he mumbles underneath his breath, "Definitely didn't think he was being serious when he said you were annoying. I guess I can see it now."

And that's when I realize ... he's fucking crazy. Like literally, 'I talk to myself', batshit crazy. I take another step back, nervously repeating, "How do you know where I live?"

His eyes squint and he tilts his head to the side, before saying, "Well actually, it's not so much as I know where you live, but really more of an, I know where Luke lives."

What?

Confused, I narrow my eyes, "That doesn't make any se--," and then I realize what he's just said. I know where Luke lives. Which can only mean one thing: he's even crazier than I had anticipated, "Okay, I'm calling the cops."