One

Day 1-Wednesday January 1st 2020

I'm starting this journal, in the hope that someday people are going to read this. I hope that one day they'll talk about us, the three rebels that changed the world. Three kids from the outside; the people that were never supposed to get anywhere. We're going to prove them wrong. I want them to know the proper story, not the one that the history books will spin to try and make us either look like heroes or idiots. Even if we don't make it through, I want someone to know about this. 

Right now I'm sitting in an alley full of 'washed up' teenagers. We're anything but though. Many of us are talented visual and musical artists, engineers, inventors, creators. In the old system some of them might have become world leaders with their immense skill and intelligence. Yet here we are, our talents supposed to be led to waste. Everyday I wish that we could break free of them, the insiders. A group of people that lived beyond these walls and laughed at those of us behind these cages that separate us from them. The talented and the creative, anyone that had ever showed a symbol that they were different to them. In their eyes creativity was a disease, it needed to be eradicated. 

I hate this place, filled with cold dark alley ways. Almost devoid of colour or life. Just a dark black and grey world. The only clothing colours allowed are dark blacks and greys. We're allowed some individuality in the styles of these items but we must stick to the colour rules. 

Perfect people with perfect lives lived up north from us, beyond the caged walls. They have many of the same rules, but their world is much nicer; proper supplies, warm blankets and clothes. Many were blissfully unaware of the plight of those of us who dared to challenge them.  

So what did I get in here for? 

Trying to make music. As simple as that. Music was a weapon in their world. I remember the day it was banned, I can still picture the burning rubble of all those beautiful instruments. I'd walked away, tears in my eyes. It sounds kind of stupid, I know. But when music was your life up until that point it was heartbreaking. Instruments weren't the only things banned though, simply singing or humming wasn't allowed either.  

Today is going to be different though. My friends Dan and Will, that went dramatically down in flames with me in my passion for creating music again are going to escape out of these walls with me. Many have failed, but I know we will be the ones to save the music and bring this world back to it's former state. 

We're going to use our music as a weapon. We will take back what's rightfully ours. 

Chrissy. <3

--------------------------

A/N: So this is my other story, all inspired by a silver suitcase that appears in both Fall Out Boy's Youngblood Chronicles and in Against The Current's- 'Running With The Wild Things', and 'Outsiders' videos :D (Though I also have an idea that might incorporate some of 'Wasteland' as well.) 

It's mostly going to be written a journal like format with what will sometimes be very short entries. I haven't tried writing a story in this format for years so we'll see how it goes. ^^