Chapter Twenty-Two: Anger of Agron

Agron and Nasir sparred in the courtyard under the hot sun. Agron was well hearsed in fighting, after the years. Nasir was still young but held speed. His spear managed to quickly fly through the air to protect himself. Agron held strength and pushed Nasir down again. The little man rolled back and onto his feet. Agron was ready for the next blow and pushed Nasir away. He spun back, ready to attack his lover again.

Gannicus drank and watched the men. His eyes hesitated over moves. He never openly criticized the fighting technique of another, but his mind hated how Agron fought. The man fought like an oaf, heavy on his feet, with a deafening yell. It surprised Gannicus how Agron managed to survive.

Pia stepped beside him, dressed in bellowing robes. The fabric curled around her. She was silent for once in her life, which surprised Gannicus more. She remained this way. Yet Gannicus knew she wished to speak. Her eyes rested on the two dueling lovers. She wished to critic this herself. Oh, the things she would speak.

"Did Spartacus visit you earlier this morning?"

"No." Her eyes stayed focused. "Why?"

"He has been gone this morning."

"Does he visit other cunts?"

"Do you suspect one?"

"Laeta," she responded.

Gannicus' eyes came to her. "They used to hold each other close. He was lonely, nothing more. If Death was to claim him, let him fuck one last woman. He did so."

"I do not like way she looks at me," Pia said.

"Are you scared?"

She laughed. Her voice filled the air, high and mighty, somewhat fake, all to make a point. Pia was not scared of Laeta, nor would she ever be. Laeta was nothing more than a pest that still whispered in her husband's ear. However, Laeta held no note of worth to Spartacus anymore. There was no love, if you were not his wife.

Gannicus shook his blond hair back. "What do think of the fighting?"

Pia's eyes went back to the fighting. "Nasir would win if he had more strength. Agron could be taken down with ease. He needs to quiet himself. He stomps around as if ogre."

"Be careful of tongue." Spartacus came up behind them. "If he hears, there will be quarrel."

"He already holds quarrel with me," Pia stated. "Let him fight me. Let him lose."

"If he wins?"

Pia turned to her husband. "No."

"You believe in yourself that much?"

"Gods believe what they believe," Gannicus responded, and he took leave. Alcohol dripped from his lips.

Pia turned gaze back to the fighting men and Spartacus stood beside her. "Agron will let go of anger," he stated peacefully.

"Doubt."

He paused. Sura was never a difficult wife, but Pia was the worst. There was mistrust between them. Neither of them could blame each other. Spartacus wished to keep peace between them. They fought Romans, not each other. "How do you suggest Agron fights?"

"Not like a giant."

"Easy for you to say."

She laughed. "I am not small."

"You are not."

"Yet, I am soft."

"A womanly touch?"

Pia shook her head and laughed. Her blonde hair fell back, gracing her shoulders. "Perhaps, yet all can be silent if tried hard enough."

"How?"

"Shall I teach?"

"Agron?"

Her lips tugged up in a smile. She would fight him. "If it ends this hate he has toward me?"

"Agron does not hold hate."

"Is is because I am woman or your wife?" she asked, stepping toward him. They held the same height and perhaps the same weight. "Does he feel threatened by my closeness with you? Does he wish to fuck you too?"

Spartacus froze. "You cross line."

Her eyes burned. "He crossed line when he hates me."

"Then it is time to end this." Spartacus stepped off the steps and walked into the courtyard. "Agron!" He dropped his duel with Nasir and looked to the Bringer of Rain. "You hold anger to Pia." His eyes swept over to his wife. "Pia, you hold mistrust with Agron. End it now. Spar. Let the victor be crowned."

Agron held gaze on Pia, and then a sly grin crossed his face. He knew Spartacus held no tricks; Pia did that. However, Agron knew her tricks and he refused to fall for them. There was a glint in his eyes. He was ready to fight her. Nasir stepped in front of him. His dark eyes begged him not to do this. Agron smiled and stepped around his lover. He came to the middle of the courtyard.

A crowd had started to gather, looking on from villa tops. Laeta and Sibyl had come to watch. Advisors stood in corners. Paid servants stood in entryways. All eyes looked to the oaf and then came to Pia.

Spartacus turned to his wife. She yet stood on the stairs that led to the courtyard. Her eyes were harsh and waiting, as if her mind traveled quickly. There was yet something to be said on her tongue. He doubted she would back out now. Yet, she stilled. Her feet didn't rest upon sand and she took no mark. There was no fear, he realized, but a deeper feeling within her. No doubt of her ability to win.

Pia took to the sand. Her sandals clung to her feet. Spartacus held equal distance between his friend and his wife. Agron chose his weapons wisely, a shield and a wooden sword. Pia stared forward. Her fingers slowly reached up and grasped the back of her dress. The cloth fell to the ground. She stood naked in front of him. It was not meant to pleasure him, when he did not look her way.

Two wooden swords were taken by Pia. Her fingers swung the weapons with ease. Her legs worked to prowl.

Spartacus stepped out from between them. He joined Nasir and Gannicus at the side of the courtyard.

Without hesitation, the oaf, Agron, stomped toward Pia, raising a sword to her. Without dress, she was able to move faster. Agron was of strength, his main reason for life, and she would have to be about quickness. He refused to believe whatever she spoke. The Gods could've came to sand and he would not believe her. All she said was meant to be trick.

He pushed his sword to her. She kicked back. Agron truly meant to push shield into her, to catch her by surprise. It did not. Pia rolled off of him and spun in air. She wished to not hurt him, as well as herself. Her legs caught the back of him, before her sword dragged across his back. He whipped around and slapped wooden shield into her face. Pia fell to the ground and then rolled up. She spat blood to sand.

Agron came at her again, and she stopped. Two wooden swords dropped to the ground. She stood alone.

He did pause, for a tick, and he accomplished nothing. Pia pushed forward, hooked her legs around his neck and brought him down. He crashed down. Pia drove her knee into his neck. Her foot went into his cock. Her palm slammed into his nose. Blood spurted out.

Pia stood again with Agron grabbing at his nose. Her eyes fluttered over to her husband. Tricks were her tactic. There wasn't anger upon Spartacus' face; he sighed.

"Pia!" a man called, an advisor. He rushed forward. Sweat dripped down his face. "We must break words." His eyes fell to ground as sight of naked Pia.

Pulling her dress back on, she stepped to the advisor. "Speak."

"Romans."