Chapter Fifteen: For Family

City Master moved Pia and Spartacus inside, after Pia laid there as the crowd left the arena, as if Spartacus' seed still moved inside of her. When she allowed to get up, robes were wrapped around her and she was led away from the arena and to the villa. Spartacus had been taken away as well, City Master with them.

Pia wasn't bathed or cleaned, and her robe was taken away. Once again, she laid down on a cot, alone as she waited for Spartacus and his band of merry men: Agron, Nasir and Gannicus. She stared at the ceiling, naked in the cold. If the Gods were out there, they did this to her. If she had stayed with Romans, she questioned her life then. She still would be a mate, only meant to breed, but at least she would able to fight. Pia prayed to the Gods that Spartacus would let her fight. It was the only thing she truly knew how to do.

As she continued to lay there and wait in the darkness with few candles lit, she laid a hand on her stomach, as if to feel a child already begin to grow within her. She questioned if Spartacus had already done his duty and he wasn't needed again tonight. She knew the orders: three times tonight. Spartacus had honor and wouldn't miss the chance for the third. However, every night until her body swelled with child, she could not imagine. Her body hurt, like she was cut in half by his powerful blows. Perhaps a child grew in her. Pia turned her gaze upward again, praying to the Gods for a child. Let a child come out of this and then another, so that two heirs would be and she would have no more of Spartacus.

The tips of her fingers grazed her skin of her flat stomach. She questioned if the miscarriage long ago even allowed her to give birth now. She questioned if her age was a factor. She was yet young but old for a woman to begin; it did not matter with men. She put both hands to her stomach, as if to feel it kick or move.

There was a movement outside the doors and Pia laid her hands on the cloth cot again, as if she did nothing. She waited.

City Master entered first, followed by an already naked Spartacus and his men. Some of City Master's friends tagged along, this was for family and friend. Spartacus' eyes traveled to her as she already laid on the table, and then he looked around the dark room. She had been in here alone. This made him stiffen. Spartacus knew City Master was more her adoptive father above anything else but Pia hadn't any friends to keep her company. She didn't have much of a life.

Spartacus wondered why Pia stayed, what she gained from it. If she was an accomplished gladiator, why had she come here? Why did she truly hope to gain from a rebellion? He knew about her miscarriage and that was her true decision to leave the arena, for that child, but after the miscarriage, she would have been welcomed back. She didn't return. However, he had seen her itch to get into a fight. She would do anything to kill.

His men gathered around the room, with their hands aching for a fight. Spartacus didn't realize how much violence ran through his veins until he came here. All the gladiators ached for violence, to yet kill and deceive. They wanted the fight, but they didn't need a fight here. Everything was handed to them.

"Spartacus," City Master commanded, "if you may."

His eyes fell to Pia who looked over to him. Her legs spread for him and annoyance showed on her face. He had to question what annoyed her from the first round. Spartacus got on to the cot slowly, and checked before entering Pia. She bled no longer. Putting a rough hand on her stomach, he entered her again and guided himself inside, already hard, and he began to rock. It was different this time, and his discomfort was there.

In the arena, it was like Spartacus was back in a fight, but with his brother watching and City Master whispering to his allies, it made him uneasy. His eyes traveled down to Pia, who looked at him no longer. He kept his eyes focused on her but she had shut her eyes, perhaps thinking of a better time. She showed no pain or ache, and he continued. Spartacus fumbled forward, searching for a grip on her and he found her breast. He hoped to get this done as soon as possible, and he pushed harder into her. Pia let out no noise.

It only took a moment for Spartacus to lose control, pushing himself to edge so that Pia might be almost done with this night. He put his rough hand on Pia's stomach and pulled out, leaving her lying there. Dripping, he stood in front of City Master, who seemed unpleased with now Spartacus' wife.

City Master spoke, in a quick tongue and unfamiliar to Spartacus' ears. His eyes traveled to Agron and Nasir but both were unknown to the language. However, Pia snapped her attention back to City Master and whatever he said. She spoke nothing. City Master was not pleased and he propelled himself over to Pia and yanked her up by her hair. She didn't try to fight.

"Cunt, what did I say?" he hissed, slapping her breast harshly.

Spartacus would not let this stand and picked up the small man. The disease was starting to spread and soon he would be dead, by the plague or by Spartacus if City Master touched Pia again. "Out," Spartacus growled, throwing City Master to the doorway.

"Cunt is--"

"Out!" roared Spartacus.

City Master stumbled out of the room, followed by his friends. Gannicus, Nasir and Agron waited in the wings. Pia still sat up on the cot, her arms wrapped around her stomach. Spartacus only glanced back at her before returning to his brothers.

"See that he does not harm tonight. His death comes."

Agron nodded, and the brothers left the room hastily. The doors closed behind them.

Spartacus stood silently, and his eyes swooped over to Pia. Her back was to him, revealing faded scars. Before she was good, she was bad, and the scars proved it. But when one dealt with gladiator men, they would kill at any cost. He thought about how old Pia must have been when she first entered the arena to kill, yet a girl.

He walked over to her and stood in front of her, fully nude. Her eyes came up to him. "Did you want me to suck, husband?"

"No." Her foolish remarks wouldn't hurt him. "One last time tonight."