*Chapter Eleven*

*Chapter Eleven*

I took an involuntary step backward.

“No, tell me that's not true...”

He remained in the same position. Anger coursed through me.

“Damn it, Ray. ANSWER ME!”

I made a move to grab him, but he swiped my hand away. He glanced up at me, and I had to hold my tears that was threatening to fall back. His eyes were blank, no emotion at all. It was like he wasn't even alive. It killed me to see he was looking at me like that. In fact, I think he already killed me when I figured out that he was never on my side.

“I was instructed to go to the living world,” he started in a robotic voice, “to watch over you and make sure that you stay alive until Master decides to take you.”

My heart felt like it was repeatedly stabbed by his words. Each stab forces the wound to go deeper and deeper. I kept my voice emotionless.

“All of this was just an act.”

I waited for his answer that I knew would rip my heart apart.

“Yes.”

I turned away from him. I had to stop the tears, I had to. There was no way I would let...him see the tears.

“Are you done?” the figure questioned in a voice full of amusement as if he had just witnessed the most entertaining play of his sad, pathetic life.

“Yes,” I answered and boldly stared back at him. I wasn't even trying to disguise my hatred and anger towards him. For murdering my parents and for...placing a hole that would never heal in my heart.

“Excellent, that expression,” it grinned in a sick, revolting way.

I cannot believe it. Ray, the jerk that I hated yet I've known him for my life; Ray, the person who saved my life multiple times. As much as I hate to say it, for the past week, especially past two days, I've grown used to him. As much as I try to deny it, he's a part of my life. Yes, he has bullied me and was an ass to me; however, I have never been physically hurt because of him. On the other hand, what he did just now hurts me a hundred times worse than all of Ashling's trainings put together. How had he managed to get this deep into my heart? How had he actually managed to succeed in making me feel like this?

I was in too much shock to notice that the figure was just a few meters away from me. I tried to ignore the suffocating feeling I was feeling. It wasn't hard. This was nothing compared to what Ray had done to me.

I focused my eyes on the figure. This was the creature, the very creature who killed my parents, a dimension of innocent runars and made my life a complete mess. The figure moved closer towards me until there was a few centimeters between us. I tried to move, but I couldn't.

“Master, the girl's body is still human,” Ray said from behind the figure in the same monotone voice.

“What a nice girl,” the figure said and reached out a bony finger to touch my cheek. As soon as his fingertips touched my cheek, a strong force repelled him.

“Interesting,” the figure concluded and turned away from me to face Ray, “the exact same reaction.”

I have no idea what the freak is talking about. My mind is screaming for me to run the hell away from this place, but my body simply cannot move an inch.

The cloaked figure waved its arm and four demons. I wasn't so sure if they were demons since they looked completely different from Roland and Drake. Their skin was an elephant gray and just as rough. They were skinny as a skeleton, and where the area where their eyes were supposed to be was sunken and hollow. Their mouth looked like they were sewed together, and they had no nose or ears.