The Breakup (Chapter One)

The Breakup: Chapter One

Eliana;

My name's Eliana. Eliana Kaylynn Milner. I'm actually just your average kind of girl. I've got fire-like red hair and ocean blue eyes, and I stand proudly at 5'2. In just a few months I'll be seventeen, I was extremely happy because I couldn't wait to start senior year and be done with this place.

I have an amazing group of friends that I am inseparable from and a wonderful boyfriend who sometimes gets on every last nerve, but I love him wholeheartedly.

Currently I was sat in my last class of the day with my friends just counting down the seconds until the bell announced the end of the school day for us.

I was beyond excited to head home, because I would get to see Joey. Who just so happens to my my amazing annoying boyfriend.

Usually everyday after school he walks me home so we can hang out for a few hours.

Finally that dammed bell signalled the day was over and a collective sigh rang throughout the class as everyone quickly packed up and started filing out.

When I reached outside the classroom I noticed Joey wasn't there, which was a little odd considering we always walk to my locker together to talk about what we are going to do for the rest of the day.

A little taken aback I headed towards my locker alone only to find him standing there looking like a picture of true sadness.

I tried to get him to open up and tell me what was wrong or if I had done something but I was answered with silence.

"O-Kay..." I dragged out and continued to gather my belongings then shut my locker.

We started walking in silence after I ensured I had everything I needed for the night, luckily I didn't have much homework.

I started to wonder if I'd done something to upset him recently. I tried to remember the last time or thing we fought about, but nothing major popped out at me.

We had not fought in months, so I was sure it couldn't of been something serious.

We were a few houses away from mine, just across the street from a park, when Joey abruptly stopped.

"Ellie, we need to talk." He said as he took my hand.

"Sure, babe. About what?" I questioned as we headed towards the unoccupied park bench.

As we sat down it started to worry me as to why he wanted to talk all of a sudden, especially here instead of at my house.

We sat in silence all the while I stared at Joey's face, mentally willing him to talk.

My mind was playing out all kinds of scenarios pertaining to what was about to happen.

Finally Joey turned to me he said, "Don't you feel we would be better off as friends?"

Shock spread through my whole body. And I could slowly feel my heart crumbling.

"W-w-what?" I felt like shouting, but I could barely get the word out above a whisper.

My head was spinning, all I could think was, how, can he be doing this to me.

He knows I love him and I would do anything for him.

We've been there for each other through so much. I just didn't want to believe was was actually happening right now.

I breaking down internally but I didn't show it as I just sat there completely and utterly stunned into silence on the outside.

Joey just sat there staring at me, and I could feel the tears threaten to spill over. I didn't want to cry.

I didn't want this to really be happening.

"Ellie, I love you, it's just-"

"Joey, don't. Just don't. You can't honestly sit here and tell me that you love me. You wouldn't be breaking up with me if you truly did." I said cutting him off, sounding a lot stronger than I felt at the moment.

He just looked up at me with a pained expression, as if I were the one doing this to him.

How dare he?

He started to say something, but before he got the chance to I stood up.

"Joseph Camron Hilt, I never want to see you again, you are the last person I would have expected this from. I hate you!"

I ran to my house barely making it into the door before I let the tears start falling. I slammed the door shut and started to sob harder.

My heart was shattered, I could feel it breaking every time I replayed what just happened over and over again in my mind.

My mom, ran downstairs and pulled me up with a worry written all over her face.

"What's wrong, sweet pea?" her voice cracked, as if she was on the verge of tears too.

"M-m-mommy, h-he left me!" I stuttered as a fresh wave of tears came pouring down my cheeks.

My mom pulled me into her, and started soothing me, with more tenderness than I could remember her showing me in a while.

I held myself together long enough to get up to my room but it didn't last long. As soon as I was alone in privacy of my own room I let it all out.

After what felt like days of crying, I was finally asleep.

I saw Joey and me sitting together in a meadow filled with beautiful flowers. It was the day that Joey asked me to be his girlfriend, more the a year ago. I was so happy.

It was also the first day that we kissed. It was the best kiss of my life! I was loving ever minute of it.

Then all of a sudden, everything changed. We were back at the park where Joey had just broke my heart, but I saw a girl in the shadows smiling and waving at Joey. He smiled back.

What the hell?

I'm having my heart broken to bits here.

At least he could have some descentsy to wait until I'm gone.

With everything in me I smacked him right across the face and stormed off.

I was so damn mad, how the hell could he do this to me?

When I finally managed to calm myself down, I decided to go back and talk to him. When I was a few feet away, I saw some movement.

And I saw him sitting on the exact same bench he had just dumped me on, but he was now lip-locked with someone else.

Not even and hour after we broke up?

My heart dropped into my stomach, I felt sick.

I woke up with a jolt and felt sick off over again, and it didn't take long for the waterworks to start all over again.

I knew I loved him but I never expected to be this heartbroken him my life.

I felt like I had lost a little piece of myself.

______________________________

THANKS FOR READING LOVEBUGS ❤️

VOTE

COMMENT

BECOME A FAN!

-DeeHarty