6

S I X

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

That was all I could possibly seem to say. Internally groaning as I turned my gaze towards the floor and away from the patronizing stare of Darius. His eyes were fulvous. Cold and void of any emotion. Just one look and he had me squirming. Wanting nothing more then for the floor to open up and swallow me whole.

"Who is this?" He hissed. His voice was deep and raspy.

Thinking that it'd be best for me to get off of the floor, I used my hands to push myself up. Ignoring the throbbing sensation in my left ankle as I stood under the shadow of Mr. Petrovic. Who now stood over me in what seemed to be a protective manner, as if Darius would advance on me at any given moment. Though from the look of hatred that surpassed his face, I had no doubt that he would if given the opportunity.

"This here is Ellanore. She'll be staying with us from now on." Smiling, Mr. Petrovic lightly placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don't let this incident overlook your judgment and decisions, son. No harm is to come to her. Are we clear?" Upon his request, Darius glared at his father. Curtly gazing towards me before reluctantly nodding his head. Both of his hands tightly clenched at his side.

"Ellanore, dear. Are you okay?" Rising from her chair, Lucilla gently grabbed my hand into her own.

"Oh, I'm fine." Brushing off her looks of concern, I shifted my eyes to Darius. "I'm truly sorry for ruining your shirt." Despite his aggressively hostile behavior I somehow still felt the need to apologize. Though I could see Darius was far from accepting my apology. Wringing my hands together I looked towards Mischa. Internally begging for some sort of distraction from all of this. It was already bad enough that I made a horrible first impression with Darius. Who from what I recall "is not one to mess with"... I don't think being on the receiving end of his harsh glares is making things better.

"Darius?" At the sound of a scratchy feminine voice, everyone turned their attention towards the door, past Darius. My eyes landed upon a mass of dirty blonde curls. She was beautiful of course. With a round structured face, sun kissed skin, slime figure standing at a height of about 5"7, and eyes as brown as timber. "What happened?" Grimacing in disgust as she racked her eyes over his now ruined shirt, she then turned towards us. Her eyes instantly glaring over me like a hawk. As if she knew I was the culprit and cause of this mess.

Geez. I was nearly shaking where I stand. Having to undergo the death glare of tow blood suckling vampires was not pleasant.

"Alright. Darius go change and come back to join us for dinner." Mr. Petrovic said. Waving his son off with his hand. Grunting in response to his father, Darius glared towards me once more before disappearing through the doorway in which he had came.

"Talon. Have a seat." Vlad was the one to speak next. His curt command stopping Talon in her tracks, for she seemed to be set on following behind Darius. "I'm sure he can manage to change himself." Cheeks rousing a taint of red, Talon listened to Vlad. Taking a seat next to Kristine.

As everyone slowly began to get back into the process of eating their dinner and starting friendly conversation, I worked on cleaning up the corn. Kneeling down to my knees for my ankle was to sore to withstand any weight. I gathered up the small yellow specks of food. Throwing them into a nearby waist basket. I was so focused on getting up every little piece of corn off of the floor that I could get my hands on; it took me a moment or two to realize that someone had even bothered to help me.

Trailing my eyes up the path of their overly toned arm, I nearly groaned aloud in annoyance; for I thought it was Roland. But as my eyes came in contact with a luminous speck of green, I practically swooned. This guy was stunningly gorgeous. In contrast to everyone else his skin was pale, adorned with muscles but not over the top. He was very masculine with a defined square jawline, sharp aquiline nose, and thick eyebrows casting shadows over his eyes.