3

T H R E E

"So the women tend to the kitchen and cleaning duties, and the men do all of the handy work?"

After enjoying the sense of comfort that came with laying in an actual bed with a decently soft mattress that wasn't lumpy nor braced with uncomfortable springs; I decided to take a shower. Relishing in the warmth of the water as it pelted over my skin. Washing away the remains of today. Not wanting to abuse the spare time that Mischa has allowed me to get myself together, I kept my shower fairly short. So after a quick shower, I changed into one of the many gowns from the closet. The tan material clinging to me like a second skin... but flowing out freely past the bust. It was very simple, yet casually extravagant.

Fishing through the cupboards, Mischa nodded her head in response to my question. "It's a little feminist I know. But, it's really not as bad as you may think." Pulling out what I can only assume was some spice of some sort, she moved towards the stove. Which held a boiling pot of some vegetable and meat stew. "The Petrovics are extremely kind, as long as you do what is asked of you. Can't exactly say the same for Darius; their son." At the mention of Darius, I noticed a change in Mischa. Her body was tense, eyes filled with fear. But as soon as it had came, it was gone. Replaced with her oddly bright smile. "You must be careful around him." She said. "But as for Alec, he's more free spirited and kindhearted like his mother."

Kindhearted? Free spirited? Vampire? In the same sentence? Can the Petrovics get any weirder. I mean just who exactly are these people. I've never experienced or even witnessed a vampire being... nice... to a human; not that I'm complaining... but surely it wasn't normal. As I happen to recall they just so happen to have a rule against it. Or does it have something to do with having intimacy? Eh, I don't know.

"Well uhm..." Running my hands over my gown, I bit my lip. "Is there anything you'd like me to help you with?" I kindly offered. I know close to nothing when it comes to cooking or preparing a meal that's slightly edible but that didn't mean that I couldn't offer any assistance. Surely it was the least I could do.

"You could take Mr. Raphael his lunch if you'd like."

Not exactly what I was going for. "Okay."

As Mischa began to prepare everything and neatly place it upon a metal tray, I stood there in silence. My face morphing into one of disgust as she grabbed a blood bag from the cooler. Pouring  nearly half of it's thick substance into a wine glass. I was never one for blood, the sight of it nearly made me want to puke my guts out... but, over the years I've slowly come to overcome it. Didn't make it any less bearable though.

"I would appoint you to his office myself but I must clean up this mess." Placing some napkins on the tray she then shoved it into my hands. "When you turn out the door here you must go to the end of the hall and make a right. Go up the staircase, make a left, then another right and you'll come across a set of dark mahogany doors. There's a golden RP carving engraved into the door so you can't miss it." Smiling, Mischa then ushered me out of the kitchen and into the dimly lit hallway.

No more than five minutes later, I found myself to be completely lost. I was never one to remember directions very well... so it didn't exactly surprise me when I found myself in a hallway that was completely made out of stones and rocks. The only light source being the candles that hung on the wall from each other every few feet.

Reluctantly I continued to move forward. My steps wavering with caution. I knew that turning around and retracing my steps would be the better route to take... but I couldn't help myself; I was curious. During the tour that Mischa was kind enough to appoint me on around the house, I never remember us walking down a hall such as this one.