Jitters

Chapter 4: (Erin's POV)

(Kazuma pictured above)

The walk to the academy was nerve wrecking. My hands shook in anxiety, and my breath came out in gasps.

I was over reacting, but I did NOT want to go to school.

Suki strolled next to me casually, a little pep in her step. She reaches out and grabs my hand, ceasing the shaking. I glance at her, but she has her gaze fixed on the building in front of us.

The Academy.

We enter without hesitation, strolling right through the doors straight ahead to the front desk. A lady sat there with a fake smile wedge in her lips, and she greats us warmly.

"Hello dears how may I help you today?" Her sweet greeting comes out a little bit too forced. I quickly think back to what room we were told to go to by the Hokage, but numbers just flit through my head at random and none of them seem to click. Suddenly Suki speaks up with a roll of her eyes at my obvious short-term memory.

"We are looking for rooms 305 and 221" The silver-haired girl says politely. The woman nods and gestures to her left side,

"On my left, straight down the hall and then make a right turn, that should bring you to room 221. The 300 hall is directly to my right." Her directions ended with another plastic smile before she looked down at her desk, dismissing us. I gulped and looked at Suki, she shrugged and began walking toward her respective corridor. I sighed and turned the opposite way, and trudged down to my classroom.

The walk seemed too short and yet too long, before I stood in front of room 221. I heard many loud voices on the other side of the door, some laughter and yelling. With a deep breathe I raised my hand and knocked firmly three times.

All noise from the other side ceased. I heard footsteps start toward the door and I took a step back. The knob turns and suddenly I seem Iruka standing there with a questioning stare. He looks at me for a second before his face lights up in recognition. He steps outside of the room and the door closes behind him

"You're are the new student from a little while ago then?" I nod at his assumption and he gives a smile. "Well, welcome to the academy and my class. I know we met before, but as a formality; My name is Iruka Umino, you can call me Iruka-sensei."

I nod at his introduction and simply say, "Erin Dobutsu, nice to meet you." I honestly couldn't the small bit of sarcasm that creeped into my voice, but Iruka didn't seem to catch it.

"Well then Erin, come on in and I'll introduce you to the class." I respond with another nod, and follow after him into the once again rowdy room.

The students don't seem to notice our entrance, and as Iruka watched the classes antics and foolery, and irk mark strains on his forehead, "SILENCE!" He suddenly yells. Everything pauses and I watch all eyes travel from the sensei, over to me. Their reactions were varied.

Many of the girls glowered at me, other just watched me with calculated eyes. The guys on the other hand seemed... bashful? Either bashful or just confused were the boys' expressions. I didn't really care what they thought of me, I was only here for Suki.

I glance at the students, looking to see if there was anyone who seemed interesting. My gaze got caught on one boy, not quite out of surprise or admiration, but a sort of familiarity. He had dark brown hair and red triangles underneath his eyes. An Inuzuka huh? Now, for those of you that skipped my character description, you wouldn't know why I may have history with an Inuzuka. So let me explain; you see, my clan is rather famous, just about everyone knows the name Dobutsu, as it goes down in history books.