{~Reaching~} Aomine x Reader

{~Reaching~}

It always seemed so far yet so near. He was always so far, and whenever you reached out or was just reaching him, he would run ahead again.

He was so tall.

He was so talented.

He was perfect in every way you could imagine.

You couldn't catch up. The next thing you knew, you hurt yourself. Your shoulder suffered from a muscle tear and you couldn't play basketball as much as you wanted anymore. Even as you were hurt, he was still improving. Still improving.

He was unstoppable.

You would never reach him. It was impossible.

But he always made sure you were in sight. Until that day...

'The only opponent that can beat me is me!'

He never looked back again. He was never there again. You never saw him across the border again. He was improving so fast you never saw his back again.

With your injury, you could never reach him again.

You were alone.

Alone again....

He suddenly disappeared from your line of vision. Everywhere you looked was only the long stretch of road you had to run in order to reach him.

You never lost faith in him.

You never gave up.

You continued to run. No matter how tired or weak you were.

Running.

Running.

Reaching.

He was there. Paused beneath a tree. He was resting.

You wanted to shout,'WAIT FOR ME!!'

You did.

He got up, waving at you. You felt so blessed. He was waiting. He was actually waiting for you. His eyes set ablaze with fiery passion for the sport once more.

Tears began to fall.

'Welcome back, Daiki.'