Chapter 39 : Ideas

RAPUNZEL'S POV

As the footsteps came closer, it felt like we both stopped breathing.

I knew it was Flynn even though I couldn't see him.

We pressed closer together in the doorway to avoid being seen, which I don't think was possible because it was so dark, but it doesn't hurt.

" Where are you Rider? " a voice called out.

Flynn tensed at the sound of his name.

" You can't escape, we know you're here with the blonde, " the other man said, but from a different direction.

They were closing in on us.

" She will make a great contribution to the team, after we train her of course, " he said with a low chuckle.

I gulped and shivered, Flynn pulled me beside him and stepped in front.

" Yeah, even though we used Elsa to be the fall guy, we are actually looking for a new recruitment. "

Their voices were getting closer and closer, I backed up all the way to the door.

I ran into the door knob and got another idea, I crossed my fingers as I slowly turned the handle.

It opened with ease and I couldn't believe my luck.

I creeped into the doorway and grabbed Flynn's hand, at first he didn't follow, but then came along.

I shut the door almost all the way, not wanting to make a noise, I left it ajar about an inch.

We must've been in an apartment, a lower class one that didn't even have a locking front door.

We didn't dare turn on the lights and made our way up the first stair case we found in the dim light.

We climbed the stairs until we came to the entrance onto the roof.

I stopped there and sat down, Flynn sat down beside me and leaned back on the door.

He let out a sigh of relief and turned towards me, " I'm so sorry for all that, " he apologized.

" It's fine, " I said, " But you owe me a full fledged explanation as to what the heck that was all about. "

He smiled, " Deal, okay, where to start? "

" How about, how you know Elsa? " I prompted.

He sighed, " Sure, I'll start there, you know the two men that were chasing us? "

I nodded, even though it was a rhetorical question.

" Their names are the Stabbington Brothers and they run a gang, as a member they get you jobs and you split the commission. It's actually a really sweet deal. Anyway, Elsa applied to become a member, for what reason I don't know, but she came at the wrong time. The Brothers were looking for a new 'recruit' so they could take the fall for our next crime, " he paused and took a deep breath.

" The target was the J.T. Jewellers, " he said waving his hands in a rainbow motion to add a cheesy affect.

I giggled, and he smiled, " It's the biggest jewellery store within a hundred miles in every direction of the city. The plan was to get Elsa to break in as her showcase, knowing all too well that she would fail because they had already called the cops. Then when the cops were busy chasing Elsa I was supposed to sneak in and steal as much as I could. "

Flynn continued with his story, but with every word he spoke I grew more tired.

He told me that the plan went perfect, except he never brought the diamonds to the gang and that's way they were following him.

That was the last thing I heard him say before I passed out.

KRISTOFF'S POV

Everyone had fallen asleep waiting for news about Elsa except for me, I couldn't bring myself to sleep, I was thinking too much.

After what seemed like an eternity, Jack came into the lobby.

I shot up from my chair and went over to talk to him.

" How is she? " I asked.

" Elsa is doing fine, the surgery to remove the bullet went well and she recovering right now, " he answered.

" That's great, " I said.

" If you want, you can go up and keep Anna company, " He said as if he was reading my mind.

I tried to play it cool, but failed miserably, " Sure! I mean, I guess I could do that, or someone else could to. "

He looked at me, " Just go. "

I didn't wait a second longer and went to the elevator.

To be honest I'm not sure why I'm even here, I don't know any of these people for more then 48 hours except for Jack.

But something is keeping me here, or maybe someone.

The elevator doors opened and I walked to Elsa's room.

The door was open just a crack and I could hear crying from the inside.

I slowly pushed open the door, " Anna? " I called, stepping inside.

She didn't answer, she was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room.

I walked over and pulled up a chair across from her.

" It's going be okay, " I said, I placed my hand on her knee, without even thinking and then felt really awkward about it.

She looked up at me, and tackled me in a hug.

I held her as she continued to sob.

" Hey, " I said stroking her hair, " Everything is going to be fine, Elsa's in recovery, there's nothing to worry about. "

She stopped crying and looked at me, " Everything is not going to be fine! " she yelled standing up and walking away.

" Elsa is gone! Hans took her! She's gone! " she exclaimed and started to cry again.

I looked around the room and noticed Elsa wasn't there, I tried not to panic.

Anna fell to the ground, I got up and sat down beside her, " We'll get her back, " I said, placing a hand in her back.

" How? " She said, looking defeated.

I smiled, " I've got an idea. "

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for reading! This story has gotten sooo many more reads then I ever thought it would! I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy :) I will see you in the next chapter!