Charles paused for a moment, as he listened to their host introduce them. He then looked back to Lauren with a wry smile. "I just act as if it doesn't bother me at all. I do believe it's time. After you my lady."

The pair hit the stage and Lauren simply acted as if the stage fright didn't bother her. Soon they were in the scene and all was going well.

Camila quickly moved to the front and was quickly impressed by Lauren's acting skill. It was amazing how the Lauren she knew quickly vanished and was replaced by sinister Lady Macbeth. Camila was more than impressed.

Lauren and Charles Green's performance, though short, was very well received. They got a quick and vigorous round of applause from the assembled.

After they were done and changed back into their clothes, Sir Miles came up to Lauren and Charles looking quite pleased. They also noticed he was carrying two glasses of wine.

"You've both performed beyond my fullest expectations. I'll be sure to pay you both a bit extra. But in the meantime, while you mingle with the impressed crowd, have a glass of my finest wine, Chateau Yquem 1796. "

Lauren smiled, took the wine and had a sip. Her mother was a huge wine snob and Lauren reveled in the fact that her mother would die of envy if she knew her daughter was drinking wine from 1796. The best part was the wine itself was pretty damn good.

For a time, Lauren basked in the adulation of the crowd. She was dying to know what Camila was thinking of it, but she hadn't spoken to her yet.

Finally Lauren felt a tap on the shoulder, to see a smiling Camila. "Lauren. Your performance was marvelous. I was quite impressed. You are a consummate actress."

Of all the praise that night, Camila's was the most important. But the words consummate actress bothered her. It only reminded Lauren that she was still acting and had been the whole time. That feeling of guilt quickly returned and with a vengeance.

Lauren for a while longer mingled and danced with several other young men, but this time she had a harder time pretending to be enjoying herself.

"I'm a liar and a fraud." Lauren thought to herself as she danced with a young military officer. As she danced, the thoughts and doubts kept coming. "Camila is so pretty and good. What right do I have to seduce her? I just need to save her. Do we belong together."

Across the room, Camila kept watching Lauren. While she initially appeared to be enjoying her dancing, Camila quickly realized she wasn't and guessed she hadn't been at all. It only further confirmed her suspicions that Camila preferred the company of women.

After Lauren danced with all she had said she would, she decided to have a walk in the gardens outside the mansion to think. This severe attack of guilt had come at a most inconvenient time and Lauren just needed some time alone.

She wandered out into the moonlight and rather immaculate gardens trying to think of what to do next. Finally she found a bench behind some tall shrubbery that was rather secluded.

For almost half an hour Lauren stared up at the Crescent moon thinking about Camila. The more she thought the more her conscience bothered her.

"I love Camz, but all I do is lie to her. Am I no better than Austin. What am I here for, to seduce Camz or to save her from a disastrous marriage?" Lauren mumbled to herself.

Meanwhile I single figure crept into the garden. It was Camila who, not having seen Lauren in some time, decided to look for her. She soon found Lauren sitting on a bench, sitting alone.

Seeing Lauren alone, Camila once again found herself happy to have Lauren to herself. But there was a sad look on Lauren's face that Camila quickly found bothersome.