Chapter 1: Sleeping with the enemy Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

-Oh Jess... I'm so sorry, Valerie said as I stared at the screen that was calling another tutor's name.

-It's... fine, really, I surprisingly said as we walked to our classes together.

-You're cool with it?, Jazz asked while raising an eyebrow in disbelief. I snorted.

-Guys come on. This is not a big deal, I can still see him around school and he's still our music teacher. It'll be fine, I said while smiling reassuringly to my girls.

Truth is I was more than disappointed but I tried to take it the way Paul would want me to. No need to put on another show like the time he left for like 2 weeks and I made a disaster out of my life. No sir, Jessica Anston has improved her behavior and will make Paul proud this time. Besides my relationship with him was beyond the limits of school. He was my friend and he had a promise to keep.

-It's her! Catch her!

I felt myself being crumbled to the ground as two bigger than me figures stared at me standing on their feet. I glared at them as I blew a few strains of hair out of my head. Jesus, is this the only idea they can come up with to welcome me back?

-Fucks sake Carton. You're an idiot, I said as he helped me stand up and hugged me tight. He was still the cutest guy I ever met.

-You were well missed miss Anston, Jamie smiled and I hugged him too.

-Well no more missing me, I smiled and Carton smirked at me.

-Hell yeah! Trouble is back!, he shouted and I frowned at him.

-Nope, it's not. From now on I am just another well behaved student of this prestigious institution, I said keeping my chin up and I heard someone bark a laugh on my back.

-You'll be lucky if you go throughout the day without getting in trouble, Matt said while he giggled with his friend right next to him.

I turned my back and met those beautiful eyes I used to stare at all the time. Everyone sensed the moment was uncomfortable, but us two managed to make it less awkward. We smiled at each other just like we used to, as if nothing had ever happened.

-Hey there trouble, Jason said and gave me a short hug.

-Alright, alright. Enough with the nickname, I giggled as we all walked together to our first class.

We arrived altogether with my friends to the classroom laughing and talking about our respectives summers. Many adventures and many stories to tell, but luckily we didn't touch the most important one. Well not so important no more. Me and Jason were perfectly fine and things went down more naturally than I thought they'd be. Well... until that happened.

I must say that during summer I had pictured in my head over and over the scene of my first day back in school, but not even in my worst dreams I'd have imagined this happening. Right before our Maths class starts a light redheaded figure showed up friendly at the door of the classroom. She waited patiently for Mr. Tuckerman to turn around and let her in. Seriously, who dresses up that much for school? I looked around and absolutely everyone was looking at her. Alright, she's pretty! We get the message people!

-Ok class, please welcome our new student Jace Callaghan. Please have a seat miss, he said smiling charming at her as she did the same. What.the.hell??

-Thank you sir, she said while taking a seat in the middle of the classroom. Of course, so everyone in the room can keep on staring at her.

-Wow, I heard Carton said in shock as I rolled my eyes in annoyance. One of our classmates from the back of the class, Wen turned on her seat to look at us with a surprise look as well.