'I know exactly what you've been doing Marcus, and I'm here to tell you to stop' I stepped towards him menacingly, hoping he would move back. He held his ground glaring at me

'I don't know what you're talking about' He replied coolly

'Stalking me and Angel? Waiting outside her room? Do you even know how much you scared her the other day?' I was walking forwards now

Marcus laughed cruelly 'Yeah, that was pretty fucking funny. The little bitch crying and-'

I sent my fist into his face, wiping off the twisted smile and replacing it with a shocked look

'I didn't know you could fight Max?' Marcus had a bloody lip, but he recovered quickly. Lumbering toward me, he brought his own arm back

I sent another punch his way and nicked him again. This time he only stumbled before lunging for me. He grabbed one arm of mine as it swung towards him, sending his other hand into my stomach. I was momentarily winded before twisting my elbow out of his grip and punching his a few more times. I caught him in the nose and blood began to steadily drip out. Marcus tried to kick at me, but I grabbed his leg, quickly sending him to ground. He hit his head on the concrete and there was a dull thud. I took the chance to kick a couple of times, the crack of a rib finally penetrating my senses. Marcus was motionless. I swore quietly before leaning down carefully to check his breathing.

After determining he was still alive, I jogged back to my car. I didn't bother alerting anyone that Marcus was in the park, someone would find him eventually.

I drove it back to Angels, over the speed limit the whole way.

Marcus' POV

My body felt like it weighed a ton. Bright light was shining through my eyelids and I briefly wondered if I had died. I dispelled the thought immediately. I could feel my body coming back to me and there was certainly too much pain for me to be dead. 

Max was a good fighter, I would give him that. I definitely hadn't expected for him to land more than one punch on me. 

I could feel a pressure on my left hand, and I attempted to blink my eyes open. When they didn't obey my command, I began to push harder, forcing my body to accept my brain's commands.

'Oh my gosh! Marcus! Marcus, baby!' A squeaky, annoying voice sounded from above me and I finally opened my eyes to glare around

I found Stacey above me and quickly softened my gaze, knowing that she was now essential to what I hoped to carry out.

'Stacey' My voice was scratchy and Stacey bent down and kissed my forehead

'Shhh baby, it's okay.' She pulled me up slightly and held a glass of water to my mouth. I ignored the pain in my chest and sipped the water slowly.

A doctor came in at that point; 'Marcus, good to finally see you awake!'

I smiled weakly back at him 'What's the damage doc?'

'Well, you had a broken rib, nose and a cracked head. There was external bruising, but nothing too serious. It must have been quite the fight you got in' 

'Haha, I can't really remember' this was complete bullshit. I knew exactly what Max had done and that son of a bitch was damn well going to pay 'So do they have any leads what happened?'

The doctor grimaced 'Well no, and the police wanted to know if they could come in and question you after you regained consciousness... Probably won't be too helpful if you can't remember anything'