Mean girls

I looked up at Max,

‘Um hey’ I gave him a grateful look as he reached down his hand to help me up.

‘Sorry about that, I wasn’t looking where I was going.’

I laughed, ‘nahhhh, I thought you just bumped into me for fun.’ I said sarcastically

He sniggered ‘Yeah, anyway, I’ll leave you to it’ he flashed me a quick smile

‘Sure, see ya!’

I turned back to Stace and Arabella as he walked away. They both had suspicious looks and eyed me up and down.

‘What was that Angel?’ Stace growled

‘What I would like to know is who was that?!’ Arabella inquired, shocked to say the least.

‘Umm,’ I faltered ‘He’s kinda... my tutor’ I grinned sheepishly at them but stopped when I noticed their faces, ‘Oh NO! NO! I did NOT mean anything like that! He’s JUST my tutor! Nothing more!!!!’

‘Well if you say so... But I definitely saw something there!’ Stacey stared me down, as if trying to force a confession out of me

‘Yeah, we all know I’m the ditz in the group, but even I noticed that’ Arabella chipped in and I glared at her, causing her to shrink back from me

‘I swear there is nothing going on! We’re just friends!’

‘OK, friends?! With a tutor?! Even that sounds bad in itself!’ Stace protested

‘Stace, what did you expect me to do?! Make my life fucking miserable?! You’re one to talk anyway! You were stupid enough to believe the rumour that nerds were cool to have on your arm, and you JUMPED one of them! The biggest nerd in the whole damn school if I remember correctly!’ I was the only one who knew that little secret of Stacey’s and I had decided to unveil it to the biggest gossip of the school; Arabella

‘You bitch! I cannot believe you just said that!’ Stacey yelled

‘What did I-’ I glanced at Arabella pointedly, acting innocent ‘Ohmigosh I’m so sorry, I didn’t realise. Sometimes my mouth runs away without me’

Arabella, looking a little upset asked ‘what?! What’s wrong?! Why can’t I know?’ her eyes looked shiny as they began to tear up, ‘I thought we were all best friends! Isn’t that supposed to mean we tell each other everything?!

So here’s the thing with Arabella, she’s rich, she’s nice, and she’s popular because she hangs out with the right people. But she is stupid. Like, actually, really stupid. It may sound mean, but it’s true. As well as that, she often get’s teary over the little things that really don’t matter.

‘Yeah, why can’t she know?’ I demanded

‘Are you serious?! You’re actually for real?! How stupid are you Arabella!!! You are the schools biggest fucking gossip! The whole school would know in moments! The only reason you’re even in this group is because you spread gossip well and we needed a third person!’ Stace lost it (as I had figured she would) and with each word that left her mouth, you could visibly see Arabella’s peppy, happy-go-lucky personality deflate a little further.

‘That’s not really true is it Angel?’ she directed the question to me and I saw my chance to push Stace even further.

‘Of course not Arabella! Only Stacey would say such a thing!’ I directed my speech to her now; ‘And that was a really bitchy thing to say.’ I took Arabella by the hand and we stalked away. Well, crisis diverted on my part.

Stacey eventually caught up to us and apologised.

‘I lose it sometimes Bella, I’m really sorry! And I shouldn’t accuse you of stuff Angel, it’s not my business anyway.’ She sniffled, she had turned on the nice Stacey for this act and, Arabella, being the ditzy bimbo she is, forgave her immediately

‘It’s fine Stace! No really! Angel and I forgave you hours ago!’ she looked at me at that point ‘Didn’t we Angel!’

‘Haha, yeah! Of course’ it sounded fake in my ears, but appeared to work for Stace and Arabella. I hadn’t actually forgiven Stacey. Something hard had glinted in her eyes as she apologised. No, I knew that apology was about as real as her boobs, which, may I add, had had three lots of work completed on them in the last two years! From now on, I was going to be a little more careful around her. I have always known she was jealous of me. But now I knew she was really out for blood.

We headed back to mine, stopping off for low fat popcorn and a movie on the way. Mean girls was what we had chosen, ironic much?!

We piled on the sofa and watched, I chucked a few glances at Stace as we watched particularly bitchy scenes, but she didn't notice. Too bad, I really felt like aggravating her.

I noticed Gina wasn't around and asked one of the maids what was going on with her.

'Oh, she hasn't been around all day. She says her arthritis is playing up, but really I don't think she's letting us know the full story.

'Oh, OK well thanks for letting me know. I might go see her.'

'Oh, Angel? I don't think she wants any visitors right now' The maid smiled apologetically

'And who are you to tell me what to do?! She may not want you lowlifes around her, but I'm a different story!' I snapped at her, stupid bitch, who does that maid think she is?!

The maid stammered a quick apology and scurried away.

'Hey, we should totally, like start a burn book!' The propsition came from across the room where Stace was sitting.

'Are you mentally impaired?! Look what happened to those girls in the end of the movie!' I exclaimed

'Fuck that, we wouldn't get caught! We're way smarter than those bimbos!' 

Ha! YOU wouldn't get caught, no, YOU would probably frame ME so you could get popular.

'I don't give a shit what either of you say, I am not taking part in something as hairebrained as that!' Arabella piped up

'For once Belly, you have had a smart idea' I have called Arabella Belly ever since I met her in preschool, you would not believe the things she used to eat, and yet she stayed the size of a twig. I'vev kinda grown out of it, but sometimes it does still slip out. Stace calls her Bella, but only when she is trying to apologise, shows how much she cares.

Arabella glared at me playfully and said 'You really wanna go there do you?' 

Before I could answer, something hit me and I fell onto one of the beanbags on the floor. I sat up and was immediately hit with what I discovered to be, another pillow.

15 minutes and five pillows later (two broke) we were sitting in a snowstorm of feathers, laughing and out of breath. 

'Two biggest bitches I know.' I stated 'And I love 'em!'

We all giggled and Stace threw a pillow in my general direction, sparking up the whole fight again.