Chapter 4: A New Realm

"What the.......?" I said, panting softly. That was the strangest dream ever. It felt so real. I look at the time. 2:40 pm...I slept for two hours. That's the longest I've ever slept. I groan, rubbing my temples slowly with my  fingers. I opened up a bottle of pills and took two pills out. I went and grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen, taking the pills together with one big gulp. I rested the glass on the counter, taking a deep sigh and walking to the bathroom. I stare into the mirror, looking at the dark bags under my eyes. I start to brush my teeth, clearing my mind from all thoughts. I rinse out my mouth with water and I rinse again with mouth wash. I walked out of the bathroom and changed into black jeans and a hoodie. I left a note for Rachel before I left the house. I pull my hood over my head and walk down the stairs of the apartment complex. I keep my head low and put my hands in my pocket as I walk down the sidewalk.
I watched the cars as they drove by and the people who walked past me. I walked around, cutting through alley ways and short cuts I made for myself. As I walked through the alley, I seemed to have ignored the lack of human activity that I would normally see in the alleys. I looked around and noticed how different everything was. I turned around and looked in the direction I came from and noticed it was closed off. "Where am I?" I kept walking, taking cautious steps. As I noticed the lack of threats, I stopped in my tracks. My body tensed and began to tremble. My head tilted upward as if someone was pulling my head back. I groaned trying to get control over my unresponsive body. The ground beneath me began to shake and before I knew it, it started to crack and break right beneath my feet. I start to panic and I still had no control over my trembling limbs. I glance down just to notice that I'm hovering over a black void. By the time I got control over my body again, it was too late. I began to fall through that open void, screaming until my throat was sore. I just kept falling into the black abyss, thinking it would never end. I crashed into a glass-like plane, watching the shattered pieces fly everywhere. Everything was white and time seemed to go by slowly. I had no idea what was going on. Suddenly, I dropped again and hit the ground hard. I groaned in pain, sitting up slowly. I look around and notice doors everywhere. I hear a loud thud come from one of the doors. The voices came back, saying things that wasn't very clear to me.
'Run...'
'Find the key.....'
'Door 11....'
'Run......run.....run.....RUN!'
The voices silenced as the loud noise gets closer. I run as fast as I can, running inside one of the doors. I close the door behind me, panting hard. I look around. It looked like a normal room. I walked over to the nightstand. "I need to find a key..." I looked through all the drawers; under the bed; in the floor boards; everywhere. I finally found the key in the last drawer of a desk. I picked it up just as the noise came close again. I began to panic since there wasn't an exit. The door opened and I braced myself for the worse but then the room turned white. 'Don't let it go...' I heard as I was being pulled back into reality. I gasped, my heart racing from what I experienced. I woke up in a white room. I looked around and noticed IV bags and TVs and many monitor screens. "I'm in a hospital?" I asked myself. "Oh thank goodness you're awake." I hear a voice say. I look over at a guy that I've never met before. He smiled at me. "I'm sorry but I saw you passed out in an alley and you were convulsing and twitching, so I thought I could help" he said. He had to be at least 18. He's definitely younger than me. I nod from his response. "I'm Nicholas but you can call me Nick" he said, smiling at me. "Lance" I replied. I sit up and get out of the hospital bed. "Call in a nurse. I'm going home so could you sign me out?" I asked, patting my clothes, searching for my phone. Once I found it, I text Rachel to pick me up while Nick signed me out of the hospital. He followed me to the front. "So what were you doing in that alley....if you don't mind me asking." Nicholas asked. "Uh....its complicated" I replied, avoiding his question. We walk out to the front of the building where we see Rachel. She walks up to me and hugs me tightly "what happened?" She asked, showing the concern in her eyes. "I'll tell you when we get home." I said, letting go of her. I turn towards Nick. "Thank you." I said. Nick nodded "is it....okay if I come with you guys?.....I don't really have anywhere to go" he said, looking down at his feet. Before I could answer, Rachel spoke up. "Sure, hop in kid" she said. I shrugged and Nick smiled. We all got into the car and drove back to the apartment. Once we were home, we walked inside and settled back in. I locked the door and stuck my hands in my pocket, realizing there was a key inside of them. I stare at the key in shock. "Lance?" Rachel called my name. I stared down at the key, not responding to her.
'Door 11.....'
I keep quiet. "Uh....are you alright?" Nick asked.
"...I need to find that door..."
-------------------------------------------------------
Interesting......well I'll see you guys later! I hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave comments.