I didn't have time to react.

I just heard the sound of a body hitting the floor and then the 'BANG' of a gun before my body irrupted in pain.

I didn't say anything. I didn't do anything for a few seconds, just stared at my leg and the blood seeping onto my pants before I crumbled to the floor.

I heard Chuck's heavy breathing next to me and felt someone sitting next to me but my vision was going blurry and I was fighting to keep my eyes open.

I fought off the black spots that danced across my vision and focussed my attention onto Newt who was sitting next to me with tears in his eyes and holding my hand.

I knew I was going to die, and the more it sunk in the more I realised I wasn't afraid of death. After all I had defied it once already after being stung by the griever straight through the heart and I felt like I had led a life more adventurous than anyone else.

I realised that the creators had done this to me, they took my brother from my family, that's where it started and then they took me and then I lost Newt and my brother and was used by them until I was useless and they threw me in the maze. They got the grievers to kill my friends and ruined all of our lives. They killed my brother and wiped every memory I had of everyone I loved.

I wasn't afraid. I was going to see Caleb again.

I had escaped the maze and defied the creators. I had proved I was stronger than what I looked and helped the others escape. I survived the maze just not the aftermath but I still got to see Newt one last time.

I heard him saying my name over and over again, begging me to keep my eyes open and I hadn't even realised I'd closed them. I used the last of my energy to open my eyes and stare at him with a soft smile on my face as I drank in every detail of him.

"Please Sky, please don't leave me!" He begged "Please stay with me!"

"Its okay Newt," I whispered "It's just another scar they've left on my body."

THIRD PERSON POV

Newt screamed as she closed her eyes after whispering her final words to him. He held her in his arms for a while, letting tears glide down his cheeks before he laid her down gently on the floor and turned to see Davis twirling the gun in his fingers while Gally was getting beaten to a pulp my Thomas.

"I'd wanted to do that for a while, actually." Davis smirked at Newt and dropped the gun on the floor, kicking it over to Skylar's limp body before turning to Newt again only to have him dive on top of him and tackle him to the floor.

Newt didn't bother beating Davis up like Thomas had done with Gally. He went straight for the kill, ringing his hands around his neck and squeezing the air out of him until he fell slack underneath him.

The other gladers were staring at the two dead bodies of their friends in shock and sobs could be heard from Teresa and a few of the other gladers. Nobody tried hiding their sadness at the loss of the two happiest gladers they'd ever met.

Newt picked up Skylar's body and hugged her to him. He ignored everyone around him. Ignored the shouting from outside the room. Ignored the thundering footsteps entering the room. Ignored the gunshots and yells from various people.

He barely reacted as people started dragging him away. He didn't let go of Skylar and screamed at anyone who tried to take her from him. They boarded a bus but Newt sat in silence with Skylar in his arms and cried. He didn't listen to any of the explanations they received on the bus journey, he just stared at her body and wept silent tears.